Ceramic tiles are made from 100% natural materials of clay sand and glass. In the production of the tiles, the clay is placed in a kiln at extremely high temperatures which hardens the tiles, because of this they are extremely durable and very long-lasting, with an average lifespan of 50 years. Ceramic tiles have many properties that make them a great choice for your home.
- One of the cheapest flooring options
- Easy to clean, no maintenance
- Hypoallergenic – allergens can’t accumulate on their surface
- Not affected by heavy traffic – they don’t wear out
- Resistant to microorganisms
- Resistant to mold and mildew
- Difficult to stain, chip and break
- Eco-friendly – a sustainable resource
- Versatile – many colors, designs and textures
- Waterproof – this is very important in rooms with high humidity
Professional tile installation is essential
If you are planning on having tiled floors in the bathroom, kitchen, or throughout your home, an important component to fabulous floors is an expert, professional tile floor installation. The quality of the tiling will not only affect the aesthetic but also the durability of the floor and the life of the floor. Good tile installation professionals are not difficult to come by, the company from which you have purchased your tiles will likely have a professional tiling service and expert tile contractors.
With professional tile installation, your tile flooring will be extremely durable and will be resistant to chip cracks and stains. When the tiles are laid upon your floor they are sealed with grout, this makes the tiles impenetrable to water. So they are the perfect material for kitchens, bathrooms, showers and basins.