Having a clean home is one of the best ways to relax, especially when you come home from a long, tiring day at work. Imagine coming home, tired and frustrated, to see piles of unkempt laundry, and dirty carpets around you. Obviously, none of us want that happening, right? That’s how important a clean home is, and a clean carpet helps to achieve just that – a stress-free relaxation of mind and soul. When you are living in a space having dirty carpets, it’s very difficult to lead a healthy, enjoyable life. So, it’s of utmost importance that you keep your carpets sparkling clean for the sake of sanity and sanctity.
To be honest, your carpets make a major difference to your home. Even if you go on a cleaning spree and clean out every inch of your place, it will still continue to look dirty if your carpets aren’t properly cleaned. However, if your carpet is clean and smells good, then the rest of your home is bound to look attractive and inviting.
Regular cleaning and maintenance is one of the most full-proof ways to keep your carpets clean. You could do it on your own, or you could also hire professional carpet cleaning in Midland based Carpet Cleaning for Perth is one of the most trusted and professional carpet cleaners to go for. They have the most efficient carpet cleaning equipment and environmental-friendly cleaning agents to make sure that your carpet gains back its lost glory.
Carpet cleaning myths that you should stop believing:
You can find a lot of carpet cleaning information today, either on the net or by word of mouth, or reading it up somewhere etc. But, you should know that not all of it is true or useful. Some of the tips that you come across could do a lot more harm than good. So, here we are to tell you which ones to keep, and which ones to send to the dustbin. Here are seven such common carpet cleaning myths which could cause serious harm to your carpets:
1. Vinegar cleans the carpet: Vinegar is often recommended as a natural cleaner for carpets, but you should know that it doesn’t remove stains. You could try using vinegar with baking soda, but in all probability, this will not remove stains either.
2. Carpets shouldn’t be vacuumed often: We may have heard several people telling us that vacuuming too often isn’t good for our carpets. But, let us tell you, vacuuming a carpet is one of the best ways you can keep it clean. Vacuuming a carpet cleans up around 80% of the dirt. You need to vacuum your carpet at least once a week, and once in two days in case of high traffic areas.
3. Using hair spray to clean carpets: Hair spray is designed for your hair and not for your carpets. It will leave a residue that you wouldn’t want on your carpets, and will lead on to attract dirt and pests.
4. New carpets needn’t be cleaned: It’s a total myth that if your carpet is new, it doesn’t need cleaning. Your new carpet may look clean, but still be dirty as carpets are designed to hide stains and dirt like a pro.
5. Water cleans carpets best: Using water on your carpets may seem like one of the best things to do, but sometimes it may cause more harm than good. If you are trying to clean an ink stain or an acidic stain, pouring water over it will cause the stain to spread and become permanent.
6. Using dish soap as a carpet cleaner: Dish soap is supposed to remove, grease dirt and grime from your dishes, and is rinsed off after the dishes are washed. Carpets don’t work on a rinsing basis, and you might find cleaning the carpet stain with dish soap and water makes it worse.
7. Ammonia as a carpet cleaner: And finally, the last of the myths, that ammonia can be used to clean your carpets is the most dangerous of them all. Ammonia is a highly alkaline solution which could cause serious damage to your carpets. Also, they are highly toxic, resulting in fumes and respiratory problems for your family members.
So, if you (at all) want to go the DIY way for cleaning your carpets at home, we suggest you steer clear of such home remedies and tips. These can prove to be highly harmful for your carpets and is best avoided. And no matter how well you are at carpet cleaning, it’s advisable for you get your carpets professionally cleaned every six to 12 months.