If your driveway has seen better days and you would like to do something about it, there are many options available today. Innovative advances in material technology allows you a range of choices regarding driveway materials, and with that in mind, here are a few of the most popular driveway choices that Australian homeowners are choosing.
- Exposed Aggregate – This makes for a very attractive finish, and with a wide range of attractive colours and finishes, an exposed aggregate driveway with stand the test of time, while also being very easy to keep clean. A power wash every few months will restore the surface to its original condition, and drainage is not an issue, as the supplier would advise you as to whether or not extra drainage is needed. You only need to look at some of the excellent concrete driveways in Blackburn to see the wide range of designs, and with a local company handling the project, you can be sure of a first class finish.
- Block Paving – Another popular choice, block paving comes in many colours and designs, and unlike ordinary pavers, the blocks are much thicker and therefore offer a solid base that can withstand the weight of several heavy vehicles. Ground preparation is important when installing block paving, and your existing driveway might need to be excavated another few inches, and in some cases, drainage pipes need to be laid.
- Plain Concrete – The ideal solution of your budget is limited, and plain concrete comes with a stipple finish to give a non-slip surface. You can even have a paved appearance, which involves using a diamond cutter to create grooves that make it look like a paved finish. The supplier would have lots of images of previous projects, which would give you a good idea about what is possible with a plain concrete driveway. A choice of edging stones completes the look, and by using an established supplier, you can expect to enjoy a long warranty.
- Coloured Concrete – You can have just about any shade you like, and with a range of hand tool finishes, a coloured concrete driveway will transform any property. Talk to your local supplier about the many design options, and with an all-inclusive quote, you can make an informed decision. Again, you can have grooves cut into the finished driveway, which gives it the impression of being paved, and with diamond cutting, the grooves will be perfectly symmetrical.
- Asphalt – This is still a very popular choice, although it lacks the durability of concrete, but if you don’t mind the odd repair every now and then, a tarmac drive is a cost-effective way to resurface your driveway. It is important that the asphalt is of the correct depth, as a thin covering will not more than a couple of months.
Of all the many choices, concrete offers a good all-round finish that is both durable and long-lasting, and by sourcing an established supplier, you can be sure of a first-class installation.