Upgrading your living space can be a challenge. There are just countless different pieces of furniture and interior design elements that could introduce a drastic change to your room as a whole, but it’s important to consider which elements are the most cost-effective and also functional.
One such area to upgrade is your curtains. While they might be out of sight most of the time, you’ll immediately notice changes to your curtains because we are drawn to natural light sources such as the sun. A stylish pencil pleat curtain can introduce a wonderful element to your rooms and also help to stylise your interior design with unique colours. Pencil pleat curtains are a colourful but also economically suitable choice for interior design enthusiasts, so in this article, we’re going to discuss a couple of more advantages and reasons why you should consider them.
When to choose pencil pleat curtains
Pencil pleat curtains are fantastic as an economical way to improve your overall interior design. They are often made completely from polyester so they’re also easy to clean, and as long as you have a compatible rail they are also very easy to install. Pencil pleat curtains typically come in a variety of different colours so you can use them to make a room look darker or lighter depending on your needs. We recommend using pencil pleat curtains in any situation where you need a splash of colour to brighten up a room or change its mood.
For more expressive rooms, there are also pencil pleat curtains that have patterns on them that range from flower patterns to duck eggs in soothing colours like light blues, beiges and whites. However, if you’d like a much darker look for a more sensual or intimate room, then there are deep purples, reds and blacks available.
Choosing the right pencil pleat curtain brand
Not every pencil pleat curtain is made even and there are actually a couple of different brands that we could recommend.
- For bright pencil pleat curtains with interesting floral patterns, Voyage provides some of the best choices for a lighter room that focuses on neutral and lightly-coloured tones.
- If you love vintage floral patterns then Curtina and Joshua Thomas are the brands of choice, offering some unique neutral-coloured pencil pleat curtains with interesting floral patterns.
- If you like deep simple colours like red, vogue and purple, then Montgomery is the choice to go for. Their pencil pleat curtains are simple blocks of colour which makes them a fantastic option for simple, intimate rooms.
- Clarke and Clarke specialise in modern neutral tones such as grey and steel. This makes this brand a great choice for any room that requires a modern, classy touch such as a high-end apartment or rooms that make use of neutral furniture and wallpaper tones.
- If you’re working on a colourful yet muted room, then Sundour provides pencil pleat curtains in pastel colours with polka dot patterns. These are playful pencil pleat curtains that can add some unique style to a child’s room or are an expressive way to show your love for retro designs.
As you can see, there are a variety of pleat curtain brands that all specialise in their own interior design niche. Of course, there are many other brands that can help you achieve your interior design goals, so don’t be afraid to shop around for different options to find something that truly suits your needs.
Caring for your new pencil pleat curtains
One of the best ways to ensure that your room always looks fresh and new is to take great care of your pencil pleat curtains. This is especially true if you’re picking pencil pleat curtains that are brightly coloured or have unique patterns on them. Make sure you regularly vacuum your curtains using a brush attachment to clean off any dirt and dust on them. Steaming your curtains can also be a great way to clean off light stains if they’re ruining the colour.
By taking regular care of your pencil pleat curtains, you can drastically extend their lifetime and they’ll be far more radiant and colourful than your average curtains.
By coordinating your pencil pleat curtains with the rest of the room, you can create some fantastic colour combinations and completely transform the overall mood in your rooms. With so many different brands offering unique and interesting colour and pattern combinations, you’ll be spoilt for choice on what to pick for your room.