Although uncommon, geodes can become a unique and standout piece in your home. With its hollow cavities which are lined with crystals, geodes can effortlessly add sophistication and class to any room in your home. Finding a geode which is perfect for your unique taste and home’s theme can also become a stress-free chore since these can be bought in a variety of colors, shapes, and sizes. But on the other side of the coin, since geodes are already beautiful pieces on its own, decorating it the wrong way can also take away the attention of some other pieces in the room. The sizes of the geodes can also become too empowering that it can defeat the purpose of a room or other decorations. To ensure that geodes will work well with your home design and home fixture, consider the decorating tips below:
- Embrace nature: Since geodes are natural rocks from the earth, placing them in areas where nature is welcome in your home can go a long way. If your living area allows you to see the nearby forests or if it has plants inside, place decorative home geodes in this room. Use geodes in your bookshelves, candles, and coasters. A living area which embraces nature is bright and airy, allowing geodes to perfectly fit in the earthy and natural ambiance.
- Cluster on a console table: Geodes doesn’t have to come in big sizes in order for these pieces to create a statement. Remember, having too many decorations in one area can become an eyesore. To save space while making your home look good, invest in small geodes. Cluster these in a group, place these in your console table and you’re good to go! If you want to take it up a notch, choose a geode which complements the color of your room. Seeing these can be very pleasing to the eyes, which can improve your mood.
- Hang from a gold chandelier: You don’t need to live in a lavish home to use a chandelier. Today, you can buy a chandelier which looks rustic, new or has smaller lights. If you’re up for some DIY projects, scout for a gold chandelier and instead of using fluorescent lights, use fairy lights and have small geodes hang from it. This is a creative way of showcasing your love for geodes without compromising your home’s fixtures.
- Use geodes in drawer handles: It’s common to see built-in cabinets in a home. These can be found in the bedroom, kitchen or walk-in closet. If you have one in your home, replace the drawer handles with geodes. You can choose to use geodes in different colors or use one color all throughout. Geodes, when used in drawer handles, might be small details but these can create a huge impact.
- Geodes in frames: Having a mirror in your bathroom is common to almost every home. And if you’re using one, staring at the same thing for years can become a bore. To give your vanity mirror a makeover, attach geodes on the frame. You can even do the same in all the mirrors in your home for uniformity. This is a simple way of making your mirrors standout while adding a pop of color to the room.
- Lights on the rocks: Most homes come with lighting fixtures which are either hanged from the ceiling or installed on the side of the walls. Since these have a steel branch, use geodes to add more color and design to the fixture. Small geodes which are arranged in one big group can work well for this decorating tip. You can also do the same in the lamps in your bedroom or living area. Just make sure that when you’re doing it in a hanging lighting fixture, it can support the weight of the geodes.
- Plants nesting in geodes: You can purchase geodes which come in bigger sizes and has holes in the center. These can be used as an alternative to flower pots. Put your plants in the center and place these geodes in different parts of your home. You can have one in the living area, dining area and even in your bedroom. Seeing the geodes’ colors with the plants will always be a beautiful sight to see!
- Netted hanging stones of color: Making your home unique can become a struggle if it’s only painted with the same color. Instead of repainting every room with a fresh coat of paint, use geodes in different colors and hang them in nets. This project is an easy way of adding color to a boring room without the necessary re-arranging and repainting. Geodes of yellow, purple or red will surely look good in all of your rooms!
- Geode in a glass bowl: The table in your living area or bedroom is important. This is where you’ll put your valuables after a tiring day at work. And if you’re using a glass table with a wooden structure, consider replacing it with geode. Geodes can be an excellent option for wooden tables. It gives the same purpose but has better aesthetic value than wooden ones.
- Finished edge in stone: For sure, you’ve seen homes which have kitchen countertops made from granite or tiles but none which has a finished edge in stone. Let your kitchen countertop be the first. Sculpt an edge of your countertop and replace its original structure with geodes. This renovation can turn your kitchen from drab to fab. Plus, your friends will remember your kitchen as one of the most unique kitchens they ever visited.
Your Home Reflects Your Personality
When you’re a homeowner, you’re responsible in making sure that everything in and out of the home looks good. How your home looks can reflect your personality. If your home is a complete mess, visitors and other family members might think that you’re also unsanitary. If your home is spotless and well-decorated, you’ll create an impression of being a creative and unique homeowner. Let geodes help you easily achieve the latter! When you use geode pieces in your home and decorate them in the right way and display them in the right room, your home will be one for the books!
Founder and CEO, Rock Our World Michal’s worldly background made her the perfect ambassador for nature’s gems. She was born in Israel to parents of Iraqi, Yemenite, and European origins moved to America at a young age and grew up in Lexington, Massachusetts. As a pre-teenager, she mastered sales in her mom’s retail store, and by the age of 19, Michal opened “Jewels of the Nile,” a traveling business selling beads, statues, antiques, and crystals. Through decades of traveling the world to handpick and sell gems, Michal became a leading expert on rocks and minerals. Transforming any environment with Nature’s Art Decor™ is her specialty. Michal believes that each crystal has a specific purpose and place in life, business, and the home. Tranquility and abundance can be achieved through the right placement of Nature’s Art. From international businessmen and women to Beverly Hills celebrities, and everyone in between, Michal uses her expertise to place the exact crystals needed, giving clients the alignment they desire in both home and work environments. She has developed her own technique and system of Energy Positioning Placement™ and teaches audiences about stones and energy all over the world.