A beautiful landscape does not need to be expensive. It simply requires thought, planning, and of course, hard work. A well-designed and beautiful landscape helps increase your property’s value and curb appeal in case you want to sell your home.
If you’re looking for a lush green landscape year-round, it is best to buy privacy trees in Mississauga. And if you are thinking about improving the landscape of your backyard, do not fear what it might cost you. There are a lot of budget-friendly outdoor do-it-yourself projects to improve or restyle your hardscape or softscape to perfection. You simply have to use your creativity in using low-maintenance, affordable, or free material and plants to beautify your landscape.
- Repurpose Old Tires – Tires are bulky materials that are difficult to get rid of. Luckily, you can put old tires to good use in your backyard. Here are several tips for using tires for your backyard landscaping:
- To create durable, rustic patio ottomans, cover old tires with outdoor pillow casings or rope.
- Build decorative planters by stacking and staggering tires together.
- To create a hanging planter, fill the bottom part of the tire with soil and attach it to the wall or fence.
- Use an old, big tire as a base when making a man-made garden pond.
- Old tires can also be used as a tire climber for your kids.
- Stump Garden – Got a chopped down tree? A professional tree removal in Aurora can be of great help. You can use the stump of the tree and make a mini garden from the stump. Stump removal can be time-consuming so it is best to consult experts. A neglected tree stump can be repurposed into a beautiful one-of-a-kind planter with beautiful, colourful flowers, as long as it is not rotten. Use a jigsaw and a chisel to hollow out the centre, fill it with soil and plant your favourite blooms to give your yard a natural flair.
- Make a Splash – You do not have to invest in an expensive garden fountain to improve your backyard landscape. There are a few garden essentials available in your yard that can help beautify your landscape without breaking the bank. To build a DIY fountain, use a cinder block to keep two stacked plant pots in place. attach a vinyl tube to a submersible pump inside the lower pot to keep the water flowing. Add large sedimentary rocks and pea gravels to give your garden accent a tranquil touch.
- Raised Garden Beds – If you have frequent pest and weed problems, consider raised garden beds. This budget-friendly DIY landscape improvement idea can be completed in less than a day with wooden boards and screws. Raised garden beds have a deep and wide basin to provide your favourite vegetables or flowers with enough room to grow.
- Outdoor Fire Pit – Bring your family together and enjoy s’mores over a fire pit in your backyard. Instead of paying a contractor to build one, why not create an outdoor fire pit yourself? It will only take you one trip to the nearest home improvement store and build your very own campfire in your backyard in less than a day.
DIY landscape improvements help save you tons of money. To highlight the improvements, install landscape lighting for your outdoor living space. A bright, welcoming lighting system does not only boost the curb appeal, but it also turns your backyard into an inviting outdoor space for your family and friends. So, don’t be afraid to splurge on a few items or use existing things in your shed to create a landscape design that is frugal and beautiful.