Windows that are covered in water spots, splattered bugs, dust, or a film of dirt do not let natural light enter your home even on a bright and sunny day. If you wish to enjoy the outdoor views, you will either have to wash your windows or hire professional window cleaning services.
Cleaning windows is quite easy. The high-grade window washing equipment that professionals use is available at hardware stores and home centers. These tools make it easier to clean your windows.
Several commercial window-cleaning products promise to give your windows a “streak-free shine.” Instead of using these products, you can mix water and vinegar in a 2:1 ratio in a spray bottle to make your own cleaning solution.
Whether you choose your homemade vinegar cleaning solution or a store-bought, you need to follow certain tips to effectively and quickly clean the inside and outside of your windows.
Method To Clean The Inside Of Windows
- Fill a large pot or bucket with clean water and add some drops of your dishwashing liquid.
- Place a bath towel beneath your windows to catch the spills.
- You will need a sponge to wipe your window’s surface. Start cleaning from the top of the window and gradually move downwards to the window’s bottom. Remember to wipe down both sides of the frame too.
- Spray your windows thoroughly with the window cleaning product or the water and vinegar solution. You could also mix two gallons of water with one cup of ammonia to make a cleaning solution.
- Using lint-free, clean towels, dry your windows using a Z-shaped motion. If you prefer, you can dry the windows using clean paper towels.
- You will have to spray and dry your windows again if steaks or dirt remain on their surface. Usually, dirty windows need two rounds of drying and cleaning.
Method To Clean The Outside Of Windows
- Outside windows usually have more stains and dirt. To clean them, you need to rinse them with your hose first. Then similarly, add some drops of your liquid soap to a bucket of water.
- Use a microfiber cloth to wipe the window surface. You will require a microfiber, sponge, or soft cotton mop attached to a pole for the higher windows.
- After you are done thoroughly rinsing the windows, mop or spray them with commercial cleaners or water and vinegar solution.
- Use rubber-bladed squeegees to wipe your windows dry. Position your squeegee towards the window’s bottom, and then start cleaning thoroughly. Do not forget to keep wiping your squeegee with towels while cleaning the windows. Alternatively, you may use a newspaper or a clean, lint-free towel to dry your windows.
- For stubborn stains and dirt, including bird droppings, completely soak the window with the cleaning solution and wait for a few minutes before you dry it. You may also use soft sponges to rub the windows. Do not scrub your windows with steel wool or other harsh scrubbing materials, as they could scratch your window.
- Also, do not forget to clean the window screens; rinse the screens with plain water, then spray the water and vinegar solution on them before rinsing them again with water. You need to dry the window screens thoroughly before you replace them on your windows.
- Sometimes, because of hard water, mineral deposits stain the windows. Windows damaged by mineral deposits can be cleaned by several methods. However, commercial cleaners can remove rust, calcium, and lime stains well. You need to follow the manufacturer’s directions carefully while using these cleansers.
Why Clean The Windows Of Your Commercial Property?
Beyond beautiful aesthetics, clean windows maintain your office’s energy efficiency levels and protect indoor air quality. With clean windows, you can create a work environment that enhances your employee’s ability to focus and reduces their stress levels.
As glass windows are porous, their strength will be adversely affected over time because of exposure to natural elements like dust, snow, and rain. Whether your windows are black, white, or any other color, keeping both the exterior and interior of your window clean will make sure that the original color of your window shines through & looks best with the rest of your commercial property.
Hiring Professional Window Cleaners
As a home or business owner, cleaning windows could be a daunting task as windows need routine cleaning. You will require the services of professionals who can effectively clean your windows using equipment chosen with safety and quality in mind. If you require the services of a professional window cleaner, visit https://sonicservicesmn.com/window-cleaning.