An essay about yourself is a great way to reflect on eternal themes. Who am I? What kind of person am I? What do I love? What don’t I love? What do I want to be in the future? Everyone will have their own answers. Learning to think, analyze, know yourself, formulate and express your thoughts on paper is very useful.
Writing has a truly therapeutic effect.
To prevent the story from turning into a flight of absurd thought, adhere to certain recommendations. Let’s find out how to write the best essay about yourself.
Tips for writing
For example, you have been entrusted with writing an essay about yourself for essay writer competition. Follow the rules. Write them out in a notebook and strictly follow the recommendations.
- Stick to a unified structure of the statement. If you talk about family relationships, memories from childhood, do not intertwine the canvass of the narrative successes in the career and vice versa.
- The story about yourself should be logical. Check it for the absence of spelling, speech, punctuation errors. Even writing an essay about yourself on an insignificant occasion does not get rid of the need to follow the rules of Russian language.
- Stick to the main line throughout the narrative for the essay to be coherent. It can be your personality quality, hobbies, peculiarities of relationships with relatives, interesting life instances, worldview.
- Don’t make the story too dry. Use graphic and expressive means of language (bright epithets, metaphors, comparisons), trying not to be limited to strict facts.
- Introduce notes of humor in the text. This technique will help to capture the reader’s attention.
- The essay should comprehensively reveal your personality. Do not turn the text into a listing of their own merits. Talk about the flaws, but so that they seemed not gross deficiencies, but only transient imperfections, correcting which you are working hard.
- The text should have an intrigue. In the introduction, interest the reader, for example, that you have an unusual hobby. But do not expose at once all at once. During the narrative refer to examples from personal experience, outline the formation of his own character and only at the end of open the whole idea.
Before you start writing an essay about yourself, think of a plan. If possible, take a few days to do this, so that you can keep the narrative consistent and engaging.
Put a rulebook in front of your eyes and concentrate as much as possible on writing an essay about yourself.
- Sketch out the main theses of the future work: life examples, memories, dreams, hobbies.
- The plan consists of an introduction, the main part, and a conclusion. Of course, the main part is the most extensive. In it you will tell the most important things.
- Having made a plan, carefully reread it to make sure the logical arrangement of the components of the essay.
- When you write a story about yourself, reread it several times. Concentrate first on the general mood of the narrative, then check punctuation, and in the final reading, check the style and spelling.
Even the most ordinary events should be presented in an original form, so that it becomes interesting not only to read your essay about yourself, but also to get to know you personally. A creative approach will help you look like a bright personality in the eyes of others.