Life Without The Internet
Isn’t it a challenge to hold out one day without the Internet? It appears to be quite unpleasant anyway. If you get used to it, you can’t get rid of it at once. Come on, it’s almost impossible to survive in a so-called ‘information vacuum’. It seems to be doubtful that someone wants to try. Of course, normal, ordinary life is being described now. Naturally, if the matter of survival differs from the ordinary one, the Internet might be probably the least important thing. If you are in urgent need of water or food, there is no even reason to talk about the Internet.
Luckily, users from our country are more concerned about the quality of an internet connection they have. The Internet is everywhere, in offices, our houses, streets, trains, and buses. That’s why living without it looks weird and totally inconvenient. So, this global network is an inseparable part of our lives, our burden that we cannot leave behind. It offers more advantages than disadvantages. Thus, we leave it turned on. However, what to do if your connection is lost?
How To Connect To The Internet In A Dorm?
Let’s take a look at the wired connection first. If you want to use the wired connection on a laptop or your personal computer, you need to do the following:
- Don’t forget to bring your Ethernet cable with you.
- You need to plug one end of the Ethernet cable into the Ethernet port that your computer or laptop has.
- The next step is to plug the other end into the Ethernet jack. They are normally located in the walls or other visible areas of rooms in dormitories.
- It is normally required to plug a Cat 5 Ethernet cable. There might be, however, tiny local differences. That’s why this should be specified beforehand if you don’t know which one you need.
- Then go to the site of your institution in order to check the configuration. Moreover, you may need to download an installer. If your internet connection works properly after these manipulations, everything is perfect.
Now you can continue surfing the Net, watching YouTube, studying, or trying to find a discount code for speedypaper or other similar services. If you still don’t know whether this service is good, you can always read college homework help review or even a couple of them to find out more. Anyway, being a student and using the internet gives us a lot of opportunities.
As for the Wi-Fi connection, most institutions offer a secure connection to Eduroam. Eduroam is the way to stay connected for free to the internet worldwide just by using your credentials. Normally, you don’t have to register your device, especially laptops or personal computers. However, devices, like PlayStation or Roku, normally have to be registered with your institution.
So, most current laptops and desktops are effortlessly authenticated via 802.1x standard. The problem might occur in situations when you want to use streaming media players or game consoles. Luckily, this can be easily solved as well. You just need to call Technology Help or similar Help Desk.
WiFi or Ethernet?
It seems that the Ethernet is going to lose this battle, despite having better speed parameters. The WiFi connection has gotten significantly faster over the last year. And what about Elon Musk’s Starlink? Well, it is obvious that internet technology is improving and one day our lives will totally depend on it. As for now, we can still try to go camping without an internet connection. Would we like to? Well, everyone must answer in person.