CBD has become something similar to a viral, trending thing nowadays. Many people think that it’s a magic substance that can cure anything but that’s not the case. Classifying it as a magical substance will be wrong but CBD can indeed cure or at least alleviate a lot of symptoms. One example where CBD is really useful is in the case of damaged hair or hair loss. But how can CBD edibles, oils or other products help in repairing damaged hair? To find the answer to that question, we need to start at the basics.
What Causes Hair Damage?
The first thing to know is that your hair consists of a primary protein called Keratin. This Keratin compound is made up of cysteine disulfide and amino acids. The former creates something called disulfide bridges. These disulfide bridges actually determine what your hair will look like. So if disulfide bridges aren’t produced in adequate quantity then it can cause your hair to lose its strength and shine. CBD edibles and other products step in here to put an end to this issue. Here’s how:
- Calmness and Well-Being: A major cause of damaged hair is stress. While stress is an expected part of life, but too much of it can result in negative effects on your body. CBD’s anti-inflammation and relaxing properties help out here as well. It calms you down and helps you take a deep breath of peace. As a result, your stress levels will get lowered which in turn will lower the rate of hair fall.
- All Amino Acids: There can be plenty of reasons behind damaged hair but a very common cause is shampoo. Shampoo damaged hair is pretty common because most commercial shampoos have a lot of chemicals in them which causes hair damage. But CBD can prevent that from happening. It contains the amino acid Tyrosine which reduces shampoo damage. Apart from this, CBD also contains all the necessary amino acids which helps in building up elastin and collagen. These are the necessary compounds needed to strengthen your hair. But CBD oil doesn’t just strengthen hair, it also makes it more fuller and shinier.
- High In Antioxidants: CBD edibles are also high in antioxidants like vitamins C, E and A. These three protect your hair from pollutants which can make your hair frizzy and dry. Apart from preventing environmental pollution from damaging your hair, these antioxidants also help cure shampoo damaged hair.
- High In Omega Acids: Fatty acids like Omega 3, 6 and 9 help keep your hair moisturized and well hydrated. Know that these three types of omega acids have a small molecular structure in CBD so it works more effectively when it comes to keeping your hair healthy and damage-free.
- Keeps Scalp Healthy: Without a healthy scalp, you are more likely to get damaged hair. This is because it is the scalp which supplies a lot of the nutrients which keep your hair healthy. CBD oil helps improve your scalp health using its regenerative compounds. It helps better blood circulation and also prevents dandruff from damaging the hair follicles.
There’s a common fear which is associated with CBD products. Many people think that they will feel too will feel “high” after consuming or applying it. But potential users should know that those compounds which make you high have been removed from CBD edibles and other CBD products. Overall, people who are suffering from shampoo damaged hair or pollution damaged hair will definitely benefit from CBD. People who are plagued with thinning or receding hair are also advised to try CBD. To reiterate what was said at the beginning- CBD isn’t a magic medicine but it has a lot of positive properties which when combined with a healthy lifestyle will certainly help you.