The bathroom is one of the essential rooms in any house. This is where you go to clean yourself and freshen up.
It has to be perfect. Whether you use it for all your makeup and grooming or just for showers, you still need the cleanest and most well-arranged bathroom.
Finding a reliable residential remodeling company Durham, NC, could be the best solution. Professional interior home remodelers make the work easy. They will do all the room’s planning, designing, and remodeling.
We will share several tips to help you create an ideal bathroom. Whether it’s a DIY or through an Durham remodel company, these ideas should be great.
How to Plan and Remodel Your Bathroom
A disastrous bathroom does not look good. Hence, proper planning will help you avoid such future embarrassments.
Here is what to do:
Draw the big picture
The first step to bathroom remodel in Durham is to determine the level of remodeling you want. This means the size and everything you want to see in your bathroom.
There are four basic levels of bathroom remodeling: surface, gut and replace layout change, and complete reshaping of the room. The goal is to find the perfect appearance for your spacious and precious bathroom.
- The surface level remodeling. This is the easiest phase. It could include a general layout and size of the bathroom, including walls, ceiling, and floors. The main idea here is to cover up or repair while avoiding too many replacements.
- Gut and replace. From the basic level, you move to the next level, where you keep the same layout and fixtures in your old room. However, you now gut the space down to expose bare walls and floors. You can then install new plumbing, vanity, floors, and lighting. Wiring is much easier when the walls are open, giving you a chance for plumbing. You can do this partially or fully since replacing some bathroom items like towel bars and toilets can be challenging.
- Changing the layout. A bathroom can be redesigned to keep the walls and perimeter but change or move items around within. It seems simple, but this process can be quite involving compared to a simple makeover or fixture replacement. You are moving items to find a perfect spot, which can be cumbersome, messy, and costly. Since it’s often necessary, you have no option but to get it done.
- A complete makeover. You may want to alter the bathroom completely, a process that exceeds gutting or moving items around. Redesigning bathroom walls, changing the perimeter, changing the ceiling, and similar actions can be time-consuming and costly. The main goal is usually to have a bigger space or convert the common bathroom to the primary one.
- Planning a bathroom remodeling is necessary as it can save you time and cost. It means you know exactly what you want and how to get it.
Access the costs
Once you know what you want, create a clear remodeling budget. For this process, it’s important to break down renovation costs and look for budget-friendly material. You can find more affordable ideas to give you your desired bathroom without breaking the bank.
Choosing the material
You have the design and the budget; now it is time to shop for the materials. Consider everything that complements your home style and meets your needs. Get time to compare different materials and ask for help wherever possible.
Complete the project
Hire the right bathroom remodeling professionals, and you can put your worries to rest. Some projects are difficult to handle yourself, so we recommend finding pros. With a good remodeling company, you don’t even need to do all the planning as they will suggest the best ideas.