All about Resin Bound & Resin Bonded Gravel
Resin Bonded and bound gravel can be used for both residential as well as commercial setups. Commercially, it is best used for buses and cycle lanes. For residential installations, this surfacing can be used for driveways, pathways, outdoor play areas as well as in indoor settings such as conservatories or kitchens. Numerous people nowadays hire professionals who excel in resin surfacing. With so many benefits, resin driveways are simply the best for your indoor & outdoor flooring needs. This low maintenance, hardwearing, UV stable, and incredibly quick & easy to install driveway should be used for every neighborhood. It is advised to choose an installer who has expertise in doing the job.
In this post, we will be talking about Both Resin bonded gravel and Resin Bounded Gravel in details.
Resin Bonded Gravel
Resin Bonded driveway is created by using the scattered coating surface, which consists of a base- the Resin & the aggregate. For creating the best driveway, it is vital to ensure that the base is as sound & leveled as possible. It should be monolithic or composite whole like the concrete. The base of such surface needs to be free from grease, standing water, and lose materials. Thus, by preparing the base correctly, you can be assured that the resin bonds perfectly. The Resin used in resin bonded driveway cures very quickly and can withstand traffic a few hours after installation. However, it is always advised to use a specialist company that precisely knows what they are doing and gives you a guarantee for works undertaken. Resin Bonded Driveways are created to complement the environment and the surrounding area.
Popular uses for resin bonded gravel include domestic driveways, walkways, gardens, and public attractions.
- The bonded design here is scattered to provide a textured and anti-slip finish to the surface.
- It is a perfect option for sloping driveways or paths as it allows for a safe grip for both vehicles and pedestrians.
- A range of natural colored stones are ideal for creating a unique design.
- The scatter system installation in these gives an appearance of loose gravel, that too, with less or no maintenance requirements.
- The resin bonded gravel surface type is a non-porous specification.
- It is typically installed to a depth of 4mm.
Resin Bound Gravel
Resin-bound gravel is a permeable outdoor floor system which is created by mixing the chosen stone with the specialized glue and applying it to make a smooth surface. It is a decorative surface type that can be supplied in a wide variety of natural stones.
Generally, this kind of paving installation is done by using a macadam sub-base because this provides the best durable and porous qualities. This gravel flooring type can be used for several different areas, such as driveways and swimming pool surrounds.
Because of its smooth textured finish, the Resin bounded gravel floor is ideal for wheelchairs as well, and its permeable qualities help in reducing the water build-up. This also makes the bound specification compliant with SuDS (Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems) as it helps in lowering the flooring in built-up urban areas.
- The specifications of Resin-bound stone provide a smooth & seamless finish.
- This paving type is porous as it has gaps in between the rocks, which makes it SuDS compliant.
- It can be installed at a range of depths varying from 12mm-24mm.
- It comes in a variety of natural & decorative color choices having unique color blends.
- It leaves an attractive appearance that requires very little maintenance & upkeep.
- It is hand-applied by the specialist installers by using a trowel, which helps to ensure a good quality end result.