When you visit someone’s place for the first time, what is the first thing you notice?How well the house is decorated is probably one of the first things you will notice. While an opulent house is naturally attractive, even a small, cosyhome can be warm and welcoming if done the right way. Interior decoration plays an important role inexemplifying a home’s beauty. Clean walls, freshly done paints, wall hangings, paintings, lamps and other decors all add to the beauty of a house. It almost goes without saying thatwall paints are one of the highlights of an attractive house. Freshly painted, clean walls have their own stories to tell.
Imagine walking into a house that’s not only badly decorated, but has walls that are dirty, scribbled (probably by a child), and has paintings peeling off. Would you have a good impression of the people living there? Not really. A sparkling, clean house is every person’s dream. Even if everyone cannot afford a large, spacious house, they do dream of calling a good-looking house their home. That’s why it is so important that a home is painted from time to time so that it doesn’t lose its lustre and opulence.
Know When It’s Time to Call Home Painters
You may have watched numerous videos, read scores of articles online on how home painting really is a do-it-yourself job. There are scores of suggestions online on how you can single-handedly paint your house without professional help. Whileall these suggestions may have been made in good spirit and are definitely inspirational, you cannot argue with the fact that painting a home is a lot of work – a lot of hard work! It’s not easy to begin such an exercise, especially if you a working professional with a house full of kids and responsibilities.
Though painting the four walls of your house may not seem a big deal – after all you just need to pick up the brush, dip it into a bucket full of colours and unleash your creativity on the walls. But there is more to it. There are wall corners that should be painted with care and then there are the top edges for which you may need ladders, supporters and more.Moreover you cannot paint your house in one day or single-handedly. In other words, it is a job of a professional. There are many other reasons why you need to contact painting services in Newcastle for the job.
So, when should you call the professionals home? There are few things that should indicate that it’s time to make that call.
- Are the wall painting peeling off?
- Have they become dirty?
- Has it been almost a decade since you last painted?
- Have you moved in to a new house that must be painted?
- Do you need a change of colours?
It is not a good idea to postpone this massive exercise for some time later. In fact it is not just aesthetics and beauty that should compel you to call your painter rightaway.It is also a matter of the durability of your wall that you should consider.
5 Things You Should Know Before Hiring Painting Services
Once you understand the importance of painting your home, you need to consider hiring professionals. It isn’t going to be an easy task hiringpainting services in Newcastle for your home. You will need to consider several things before zeroing in on the best service providers.Below we shall be talking about 5 things you need to consider before hiring painting services in Newcastle, NSW.
- Check Their Portfolio–How do you know that the painting service provider is good at their job? You can’t know for sure unless you have proof. That’s why you must always check their credentials and their portfolio before hiring them. You can check online to find out more about the company. Visit their website, check their social media accounts, read reviews about their services and check out images.
- Sign a Proper Contract –Gone are the days when you could hire someone on face value and trust. Today it is better to sign a contract before beginning any work. This will not only safeguard your money but also give you a complete idea of the amount of work they will be doing. Make sure the contract mentions not just the cost but also the breakdown of labour, material cost, how much time it will take to complete the project, etc. You must also discuss beforehand if they must do additional work like repairing a hole in the wall, replacing boards,etc.
- Materials To Be Used –Find out from the painter the materials they would be using for painting your house. Choose only high quality paints, brushes and other painting equipment. Make sure you know beforehand whether they would be bringing additionalequipment like ladders, hammers and other tools or not.
- How Long Will the Paint Last – Make no bones about the fact that you haveto spend quite a lot of money to completely paint your house. That’s why you should find out how long the paint will last and when you will need to consider re-painting your home again. If you have a house full of kids and pets, the entire exercise is going to be stressful, not to mention time-consuming. If you have to invest in it every couple of hours, not only will it drain your savings but also cause innumerable problems.
- Set a Deadline –Painting entails massive work. It is time and energy consuming. It is advisable that you set a deadline for the painting services in Newcastle so that you know how long the project will take. Remember not to rush them as this will hamper the quality but do not let them take their own sweet time too. Set a reasonable time period for them to complete the project.
There are numerous painting services in Newcastle. You should choose a company that made a name for itself in the neighbourhood and excels in their job. Do not compromise and regret later.
Summary: In this write-up we discuss how you must choose painting services in Newcastle and things you must consider.