Be jubilant and joyous, not judgmental, because you have found the best list of adjectives that start with J! Ok, that might have been a bit over-the-top, yet we simply wanted to emphasize some of the descriptive powers of the letter J and also J adjectives. While there aren’t as lots of adjectives starting with J compared to other letters, there absolutely are some juicy ones.
The letter J can add all sort of fun adjectives to a sentence. Your sentence could be jaunty or jeering. It could even be jimp. Explore a jolly list of adjectives that start with J.
- Jaded – dulled by overindulgence, satiated; exhausted or weary
- Jobless – unemployed or out of work
- Jaculable – fit or capable to be throw
- Jumpy – anxious or nervous; bumpy or jolting
- Jesuitical – characteristic of or concerning the Jesuits
- Jailed – being in captivity, imprisoned
- Jaunty – stylish; dapper; brisk; natty; having a lively, cheerful, buoyant or self-confident air
- Jaunty – having a cheerful, lively, or confident quality; dapper
- Jiggered – damaged or very exhausted
- Jazzy – active; lively; flashy; fancy; showy
- Joyless – melancholy or glum, not providing or experiencing joy or happiness
- Jocular – characterized by jesting or fond of joking
- Jealous – Feeling envious of another’s achievements, advantages, or possessions; suspicious; protective of one’s rights
- Jestful – full of jokes; given to jesting
- Jingling – make or cause a light ringing sound as if metallic pieces striking together
- Joint – involving, shared by or belonging to two or more entities; sharing in a position or achievement
- Jazzed – excited; delighted
- Joyous – characterized by or full of happiness
- Jewelled – covered with jewels or beads
- Jeering – to deride or make abusive or mocking remarks
- Jingoistic – radical patriotism that manifests in the form of aggressive foreign policies
- Jiggish – frisky; playful
- Joking – humorous or frivolous, characterized by jokes
- Jellied – congealed into or set like a jelly
- Jimp – elegant; handsome; delicate; trim; neat
- Jerking – lacking a steady rhythm, not regular
- Judgmental – of or relating to or concerning the use of judgment; being overly critical
- Jinxed – bringing misfortune to or casting an evil spell on, hexed
- Jerkwater – small, remote, and unimportant rural settlements
- Jesting – joking, characterized by jokes and humour
- Jovial – friendly, full of mirth or cheerful
- Joyful – feeling or causing delight; very glad; full of joy and happiness
- Joysome – inspiring or causing gladness or joy
- Jocose – cheerful or humorous
- Jammy – having good luck or fortune
- Jowly – someone having double chin around their neck or jaw
- Judicious – showing good judgement; thoughtful
- Judgemental – approximate or arbitrary
- Juicy – something moist or liquid
- Jural – related to law, rights and obligations
- Jackbooted – wearing or having long leather boots; jackboots
- Jubilant – peace of mind; happy
- Justified – acceptable or well defined
- Janitorial – related to work done by janitor; including repairing and maintenance work
- Jake – having satisfactory; all right
The letter J has an interesting background. It is really a rather brand-new addition to the English alphabet. Before medieval times, if the letter I was adhered to by an additional vowel, it and was pronounced as Y. In the Middle Ages, the letter J was appointed to this sound, so a word like “iest” transformed right into “jest”. It’s such an usual letter, to our understanding. However, sure enough, it didn’t go into the English language up until later in history.
There are not many adjectives that begin with J. That’s due to the fact that this letter really did not get in the English language till later on in background. Yet, these adjectives, like all others, add colors as well as emotions to description.
As you can see, a lot of J adjectives are really positive, connecting to humor, playfulness and also joking, and they will actually spice up your writing. Can you consider anymore jubilant J adjectives to contribute to the list?
We hope you’ll find it reasonable when we state this is the best collection of adjectives that begin with J on the globe. Considering the fairly small number of ones that have the letter J, there are some really descriptive words that start with J and we gathered here every one of those plus any other ones that are commonly used in speaking as well as composing. We actively prevented unknown and rarely utilized adjectives, so that you wouldn’t have to learn a bunch of useless and also complicated words. We wish you discovered the excellent means to define what you needed with a few of these J adjectives to explain an individual, place or thing.
Increasing your vocabulary can include brand-new life to your writing. It can likewise be fun. Attempt adding jazzy or jumbo to your writing and see what takes place. It will certainly provide it extra life and flavor.