Blinds can be a great addition to any room and are a window dressing that can give a modern look and feel to the room. On top of this, they are also extremely useful when it comes to managing the natural light that comes in through the window, being easy to adjust and practical. But there are a huge variety of blind types to choose from and it can become a little confusing when trying to choose the right fit for the room. Perhaps looking in your local area will provide good results, for example looking for blinds Essex would assist you in finding local suppliers and help you find the perfect window dressing for you. In this short article, we want to show you the most common types of blinds, what you can expect to pay for them and where they work best.
Types of Blinds
- Vertical Blinds: This is a type of blind that is excellent for windows that run from floor to ceiling, such as bi-folding doors or patios. This is because they look much better used in this way as they compliment the length of the window that they are dressing. They are great for controlling how much light comes into them room and can be adjusted so that light comes in but your privacy is protected at the same time. You can expect to pay anywhere between £10 and £50 for a single vertical blind depending on where you purchase them from.
- Roller Blinds: These roller blinds are very good for dimming light in a room and come in a huge range of colours meaning that there is a roller blind for every theme. They are better for use on smaller windows and work well in living areas and kitchens. If you need a blind that will prevent glare, these are the ideal solution. For a good quality roller blind, you may be looking at an average cost of £25 per roller blind, although you can purchase luxury ones for a much higher price.
- Velux Blinds: Made specifically for Velux windows, these blinds are great at blacking out the entire room and so make ideal window dressings for bedroom where low light is needed. The cost of this particular type of blind will vary depending on your needs but can cost into the hundreds as they are specifically made and often controlled by solar power or electricity.
- Roman Blinds: This type of blind is perfect if you want don’t want to use curtains but want something that looks cosy, inviting and often times a little more fancy. They are great for dressing up a room and can come in a great variety of designs. They are often favoured in living rooms but can be used anywhere throughout the home. For a single roman blind you can expect to pay between £20 and £50 on average.
- Venetian Blinds: This is a great choice for a smaller room, and this type of blind can come in a variety of materials from plastic to wood and so are excellent at creating an aesthetically pleasing addition to the decor. Much like vertical blinds, they can be adjusted to allow light flow without compromising privacy. Venetian blinds are, on average around £30 but prices can vary greatly depending on quality, design and size.
Blinds can come in all shapes and sizes and are a great choice for changing the look of a room as well as being practical solution for your privacy and flow of light through the home. Whilst the prices we have listed her are an average for each of the blind types, your own needs will more closely determine the exact cost. For example, a large window will require a more sizeable blind and will therefore cost more. When buying a blind, it is a good idea to speak to the company you are purchasing from in order to make the most informed decision.