People love having trees around their homes to improve their serenity, purify the air, and provide shade. This feeling comes with a cost because trees overgrow and can compromise your safety, damage property, and or encroach upon your neighbors’ property.
This, therefore, requires home and property owners to regularly cut down huge trees to mitigate risks associated with its existence.
Below are the top considerations to look at before removing these huge trees:
1. Potential Damage To Infrastructure Lines
Trees can encroach upon power lines, water supply, underground cable lines, and so on. This can be through either the roots or the branches. On the other hand, the felling of the trees can result in disruptions of supply to the neighborhood.
To remove the tree, work with a tree removal company to come up with modalities of enhancing safety and avoiding disruptions.
In instances of underground cables, the company may give you recommendations for removing the tree with minimal damages.
2. Tree Protection
For environmental concerns, governments issue restrictions about the management of certain tree species. You can look at the regulatory website to ensure the tree does not fall under that category. If it does, ensure that you seek a permit for that exercise.
This is crucial in protecting the environment and enhancing balance to the ecosystems.
3. General Safety Concerns Involving People And Their Property
Safety is one of the biggest considerations you should ensure before felling the tree. You must do a full scan of potential threats to safety in the surrounding environment. Tree removal Alexandria services can offer huge support in this regard.
Below are items that can enhance safety in the exercise:
- Issue A Notice – Informing the neighborhood of a potential felling of the tree can help get the needed cooperation. This will make the neighbors secure their children, elderly, and minimize movements during the exercise.
- Engage Professionals – To minimize disruptions and potential complaints from neighbors, involve three management companies, and possibly a cleaning company. This will help reduce the noise emitted and possible damage to neighbors’ properties. You are also looking at having the activity carried out in a neat and fast way.
- Neighbor’s Home Or Property – This one of the greatest concerns you should invest your time and preparedness on. If by felling the tree you are likely to damage walls, roof, or any other part of the property, enhance caution. Liaise with a good tree management company to come up with a solution that will minimize or eliminate destruction to a neighbor’s home or property.
Collaborate with anyone likely to be affected to ensure minimal effects, damages, and disruptions during the exercise. If done wrong, it can result in possible liabilities including potential lawsuits.
4. Potential Damage To Pavements and Tuff
During the exercise surrounding pavements, green areas and outdoor accessories are likely to be damaged. To minimize the possible damages, ensure that a full scan is done.
These are suggestions on how you can effectively reduce possible damages:
- Remove Some Items – Accessories such as flowers, greenhouses, landscape accessories, and sitting areas can be damaged if left unattended. Some of these items can be easily transferrable to other areas albeit temporarily.
- Fell The Tree Systematically – The tree can be pruned followed by cutting down branches to ease the impact of felling the tree instantly. Pavements and green turf can be secured by placing insulations to avoid direct impact from the fall.
Take time to secure your outdoor facilities and accessories. The time, resources, and care you took can go down the drain during this exercise.
5. Investigate The Root System
To successfully remove a tree from the compound, the root system is also part of the problem. This, therefore, needs a good diagnosis to help eliminate it.
Check for cracks in the walls, pavements, and the foundation. This helps you know the extent of the root system for a better extraction method. Where cracks exist, the method of removal should factor ways of securing the affected areas.
6. Check Whether The Tree Is Dead Or Alive
Dead trees fall unexpectedly. This, therefore, needs scrutiny on which method to use to minimize damages.
You should also check the wind patterns to minimize wrong swings.
What Is The Ideal Way Of Removing A Tree Safely?
The key to removing a tree is to help secure surrounding properties, protect lives, and doing it within legal confines. There is no black and white procedure of getting it done. Work on a plan to minimize disruptions, damages, and promote the good of the neighborhood.