Sleep is a basic necessity for all humans and animals. You cannot stay without sleeping because that would impact heavily on you, and even greatly shorten your life span. Even if you try to force yourself to stay without sleeping, you will eventually succumb to the indomitable force of sleep and collapse. The body rejuvenates when you are asleep: to heal and recover the lost energy. Therefore, you must sleep when necessary. To facilitate that, you should have the best mattress for heavy people.
Features of a good mattress:-
- Thickness– A thick mattress is ideal because it has a big allowance for compression.
When a heavy person lies on the mattress, their weigh compresses the mattress downwards. The mattress sinks to a point that it loses comfort and instead it hardens.
With that feeling, you cannot sleep comfortably on your side because of the hardness.
In fact, your hips get squeezed to an extent that the skin around the hips darkens because of being squeezed. You should go for a thick mattress because it guarantees you comfort and even lasts for longer than a thin one. A good mattress for heavy people should be about 13 inches.
- Firmness– the firmness of the mattress is equally important because it greatly enhances your comfort when you are sleeping. The mattress material should not get squeezed until the upper end meets the lower end. It should be firm so that when you lie on it, it sink for not more than three inches. For instance, if you buy a mattress that is made of fibre, it will absolutely collapse when you lie on it because of the weakness and extreme softness of that material. Nevertheless, a firm material enhances you to sleep comfortably and the mattress also lasts for quite long.
- Density– The mattress’ density is a core factor that you should not leave behind. The heavier you are translates to exerting more pressure on the mattress and consequently, it gets compressed. If you go for a low density mattress, it cannot last for long because its firmness is not good. However, if you weigh over three hundred pounds, you can go for a heavy duty mattress because your weigh will be equal to its firmness.
However, those who are between 150 lbs. to 250 lbs. can buy a medium density mattress.
To top it all, those who weigh more than that can prefer going for a heavy duty mattress because it is firm enough to withstand their massive weight. Alternatively, they can opt going for a mattress that has inner springs.
- Edge to edge support– the mattress should be firm enough on the edges to prevent any occurrence that can disrupt your sleep. For instance, if you have a tendency of tossing every now and then in your sleep, you may toss and land on the edge of the mattress. In case the mattress is not firm, it makes you to have a falling sensation. Upon experiencing it, you feel shocked and adrenaline is released in your blood stream. This chemical prevents you from getting back to sleep. Furthermore, due to frequent sitting on your bed, the sides can become lower than the rest of the mattress hence giving it an uneven shape. Therefore, the edges should be firm to keep the mattress in check and also in good shape and condition.
- Temperature– temperature is also very crucial because if the mattress’ temperature is low, you will not sleep well because of the cold. On the other hand, if it is too high, you won’t sleep soundly because of the extreme and uncomfortable warmth. You should go for a mattress that has the ability to control and regulate the temperatures. Heavier people yield more heat and the mattress should be able dissipate it not to exceed the required degree.
- Durability– this is one of the core factors that everyone is concerned about because they would not like to keep on going back to the market frequently. The mattress should be reliable by lasting for a long time. That is determined by its quality because a poor quality mattress cannot last. Wherefore, the higher the quality determines the longevity of its lifespan. To know how durable the mattress is, you should look at the warranty. There are some that have an extensive warranty of up to twenty years while others have a lifetime warranty.
- Material– there are several materials that are used to make mattress for heavy people. Foam is among the most rampant ones because its qualities, features, and characteristics are quite impressive and desirable. However, you should go for the one that pleases you.
To put it all together, the above are good features that you should not leave behind when choosing the mattress to buy.