Upgrading your bed is an important decision to make. If you are upgrading your bed, you probably need ideas about the mattress you need to buy.
What to consider when getting a new mattress?
Before anything, you might want to consider the following points when planning for a bedroom upgrade.
- Budget – Your budget is actually a big determiner of which mattress you buy. Some people might have a smaller budget than others. Try to figure out how much you can pay for your preferred mattress. Take note that some mattresses in the market may be more costly than others. Top quality products cost a lot of money sometimes. Factor in other expenses too, such as door-to-door shipping or delivery fees.
- Old Mattress – Your mattress might have already seen its best years. Check for busted springs and scratches on your old mattress. If you find these, then it is really time to switch to a brand-new one.
- Hygiene – Do you allow pets to sleep on your bed? Or does your toddler wet the bed very often? Allowing animals on your bed may cause you allergies, or may cause you problems with sanitation. Your toddler may cause you the same problem. When buying the perfect mattress, you should check with the mattress store if they have mattresses with a special covering so that cleaning up messes later on is a breeze.
- Medical Condition – You might have an aching lower back or perhaps you have poor posture. This means you need a special mattress to get a good night’s sleep and take care of your spinal health.
- Quality – You wouldn’t want to waste your money on a low quality mattress. Aim for the ones known for their top quality. Below are the qualities of the best mattress of 2020 you should look out for when planning to upgrade your bed.
- Color – You can either match your mattress’ color with the color of your bedroom walls or get adventurous and run wild with it. Whichever option you take, make sure to match it with your bedroom’s overall atmosphere. Plain colors are best for blah walls and ceiling. A mixture of light colors would match a fancy-themed bedroom.
- Firmness – If your mattress hinders you to have a good night’s sleep, as it might have busted springs, or perhaps it is too stiff, then you might consider changing your mattress already. Check for the firmness of the mattress if it provides you with the comfort you need.
- Size – The size of your mattress matters. Extra care should be taken especially when you’re shopping online. You just need a plain old measuring tape to check the length, width, and height of your preferred mattress. This prevents any confusion regarding the size because many companies rely on marketing code names to identify mattress sizes such as Queen-size, King-size, etc.
If you are buying online, ask the store for the measurements because the marketing code names don’t really tell you much. Measure your bed’s dimensions too so as to find the right fit for your mattress.
Where to shop for good mattresses?
The good news for those in need of the ideal mattress is that they now have a choice between going to a mattress store and just surfing online for good mattresses.
- Go to a mattress store. Visiting a physical store when buying a new mattress is ideal. You can check the quality of the mattress that you’re planning to buy right in front of your eyes. However, this can get tiring if you can’t find your desired mattress from the first few stores you visit.
- Go online to look for the good mattress. The advantage with shopping online is that it gives you less hassle. There are online stores that will let you use your new mattress for a trial period. If you don’t find the product suitable for you, then you can always return it to the seller. Just make sure that the seller offers a free trial and warranty, and that you haven’t messed up the mattress in any way.
Hopefully you will be able to buy a good mattress within the parameters identified. Remember to stay within budget while bearing in mind the size, comfort level, color, and special features of your ideal bed. Make sure there is a warranty too. If you find the right mattress, then you wouldn’t have to worry about another sleepless night.