A kitchen benchtop is considered an important component of your kitchen. Benchtops are required to meet the main criteria, which is to look impressive and they should reflect your style also. Additionally, they must work extremely well. They must be durable, practical, and functional. There are many styles and materials available and each one comes equipped with its individual pros and cons. To safeguard that you choose the finest one, have a consultation with one of the kitchen designers. These designers are specialists who can delivery invaluable service plus navigate you to cross probable pitfalls. Earlier plastic and Formica laminates were the preferred ones as they could be maintained easily.
Different kinds of benchtops
Nowadays, you have got many materials and options for your kitchen benchtop and they are as follows:
- Solid Surface – The solid surface kitchen benchtops are your finest option when you are hunting for the affordable ones. They are produced from cast plastics, like acrylic, mineral millers, and polyester and they are hugely resistant to markings and scratches. Additionally, they are non-porous and durable. The only drawback attached to these benchtops is they can get scratched by hot pans.
- Granite – Granite is viewed as the most sophisticated looking benchtop as it is manufactured from natural stone. Due to this, it is a dent, scratch proof and water and heat resistant. For keeping a granite benchtop clean, you must make use of cleaning solutions.
- Quartz – These benchtops are manufactured from a mixture of resin pigments, binders, and natural quartz for making it strong. These benchtops too are hygienic, non-porous and easy to clean and maintain. You will find quartz benchtops in various colors and patterns.
- Laminates – These benchtops are manufactured from fibreboard or plywood and they are coated with plastic. The laminated benchtops aren’t very costly but can fall prey to scratch, cracks or can get damaged by heat.
- Concrete – Here, too you have got plenty of options and concrete benchtops are pretty economical. Here we also share Polished Concrete Apartment Renovation In Brazil.
Some vital tips revolving benchtops
You must keep in mind several points that can protect your benchtop, no matter which material you are using. Remember, no surface is indestructible and every benchtop requires a level of maintenance and care, like, you shouldn’t place a hot pot onto a benchtop directly. Doing this can make even the sturdiest ones like concrete and stone vulnerable to thermal shock and due to this, they may crack. If the benchtop happens to be made of laminate, then it will bubble and scorch.
When you wish to protect the surface from hot pans, pots, make use of trivets or heat pads. In fact, the same rules apply to sharp utensils too, such as knives. Make use of a chopping board and this will shield your surface plus your knives too. Again, you should never drag or slide items across your kitchen benchtop. Always lift and place the utensils or anything properly. Additionally, you must avoid cleaners which have got abrasive qualities as they can make the finishing of the surface dull. For cleaning purposes, use commercial cleansers which are particularly created for reconstituted stone surfaces. So, when the matter comes to choosing impressive kitchen benchtops, you have got countless choices.