A well-designed landscape doesn’t just improve your property’s curb appeal. It also represents a source of pleasure for you every time you come home. This is why more and more homeowners are hiring companies like Emerald Coast landscaping to design creative ways to improve their outdoor space.
These types of landscaping companies are implementing design elements that reflect the latest innovation in the industry as well as the current lifestyle preferences of most homeowners. Here are some of the Panama City FL landscaping trends to watch out for this year.
Homeowners are looking for features that serve multiple purposes. By installing pieces that strategically take on several roles, homeowners can make the most out of their investment. Some examples of this are the following:
- A polychromatic garden bed that also divides certain areas of the yard.
- A retaining wall with comfortable seating installments that can be used for relaxation or to entertain guests.
- A vertical garden on suspended panels that also functions as a fence or a privacy barrier.
Fire pits and outdoor fireplaces
Outdoor fireplaces and fire pits are becoming popular this year as more families attempt to build warm and comfortable extended living rooms. With the development of sophisticated fireplace technology, outdoor fireplaces have come a long way from basic campfires.
Fireplaces, however, still tend to be very expensive for the average homeowner. If you’re looking for an affordable heating option, build a fire pit in your backyard to create a space where you and your friends or family members can relax during the colder months.
Like an arbor, a pergola is a structure composed of four columns supporting a flat roof. This roof may be attached to a central structure, such as your house or the garage, or it can stand as a separate structure. Unlike arbors, however, pergolas tend to be bigger, with more detailed columns.
Pergolas offer a way for you to enjoy the outdoors even when the weather conditions are less than pleasant. If you’re looking for smart landscaping design ideas, here are some of the top reasons to consider installing a pergola:
- Pergolas are aesthetically appealing. Unlike standard gazebos or alcoves, pergolas are often built with very intricate sculptural and architectural details, especially around the columns.
- Pergolas can also serve as a support for a vertical garden or for any climbing plants that you want to have in your garden. The columns serve as the perfect place for vines and ivy to weave their way into.
- Depending on what material you use, you won’t have to break the bank to build your pergola. They’re relatively inexpensive and easy to construct. Moreover, you don’t have to spend a lot on maintenance because they’re quite durable.
With the leaps and bounds being made in technological advancements, it’s not a surprise that many of these new creations have made their way into landscaping. From smart irrigation systems to automated lighting options, it’s interesting to see the ways that landscaping and technology can come together.
Below are some of the most exciting developments so far in integrated landscaping technology:
- Mulch blowers have revolutionized the way that mulch is spread. Until very recently, mulch is spread manually, using wheelbarrows, shovels, and pitchforks. Industrial mulch blowers can do the work for a fraction of the time, with a lot less manpower.
- Smart irrigation systems can create watering schedules for your lawn depending on your specific landscape conditions and the local weather forecast. They make automatic adjustments to ensure the efficient use of water.
- Rain gardens refer to a system of planting that involves a small depression with a natural slope. Plants that can withstand flooding are situated near the edges. The excess water collected in the hole or depression will then be filtered into the ground for the use of the other plants.
Many homeowners are now creating space in their yards to serve as an extended living space. Essentially, these outdoor rooms function in the same way that indoor rooms do, except that they’re located outside.
Here are two ways to treat your outdoor space:
A space for relaxation- Homeowners are building garden rooms that they can use as a sanctuary when they want to relax. They also as the perfect place for yoga or meditation.
A space to cook- Outdoor kitchens are becoming more popular these days, with many homeowners building brick ovens and bar seating right in their lawn. These are ideal for entertaining or for enjoying the fresh air while doing meal preps.
No matter what you’re looking for there’s a landscaping trend for you. Which one do you like?