Taking steps to maximize your home’s value can make selling your home more bearable. Fortunately, some of the tips in this post are straightforward to implement and should result in either a higher sale price, a quick sale, or both.
What Can You Do If You Have To Sell Quickly?
Before going into detail about getting the most value from your home when selling, it is worth considering what you can do if you need a quick sale. Many people require a rapid deal due to a variety of reasons, such as:
- They have inherited a property in a different state.
- Divorce proceedings dictate a quick sale to split the income.
- The owner may have deteriorating health and needs to downsize.
- You could be moving to a different state for work and need a quick sale.
The main problem people face when they want an immediate sale is not knowing where to turn. Luckily, some services specialize in this kind of purchase, and they can make life far more straightforward for those in these types of situations.
Nonetheless, it will depend on your location as to whether or not these services are the correct option. For example, in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, properties sell within 6-10 of being put on the market. However, it depends on how well you have staged your home (more on that later), which takes time, money, and effort. Instead, sellers can opt to we buy houses in Lancaster, PA, or other services that typically give you a cash offer within 24 hours and a complete sale within a week. Upon completing the sale and exchanging the paperwork, you will end up with money in your bank account and a lot of effort saved. While you might not receive the highest amount possible with this technique, you will receive a fair price, and most importantly, the sale will happen quickly. Alternatively, what steps should you take if you are willing to wait and receive the highest possible price?
How To Increase The Value Of Your Home
Getting a higher selling price is often possible if you have enough time. If you follow a few simple steps, you might be able to get more for your property than you thought possible.
Ensure You Price It Correctly
In order to sell your property, an important step is to price it correctly. It’s not just about finding a buyer and getting a reasonable price for it. It’s also about every other detail that goes into the transaction. To determine the best pricing for your property, you should use a variety of metrics, including, but not limited to:
- Recent sales prices in the neighborhood.
- Current market conditions.
- Property comparisons nearby.
- Distance from amenities.
- Whether there are schools in the area.
The real estate agent you have hired should be familiar with the market and price your property accordingly. If you are in a hurry to sell but still want to receive more money than a house buying service can provide, you could even shave off up to 15% of your asking price and see what happens.
Increase Your Curb Appeal
Curb appeal is how a property looks from the street. The windows are clean, the walls are painted, and your lawn and flowers are freshly cut and planted. This image of a house is attractive to potential buyers and helps them decide whether or not it will be a pleasant place to live. People buy with their eyes, and in many ways, this is your first chance to provide them with a great first impression.
How Do You Increase Curb Appeal?
Curb appeal is the first impression you give to the viewers by what you see from outside of your home. You can instantly improve the curb appeal of your home by doing some specific things:
- Repaint your front door.
- Freshen up the exterior with new paint or a clean.
- Add attractive yard lighting.
- Install window flower boxes.
- Keep your plants and lawn looking fresh.
Stage Your Home
House staging is the act of evaluating, preparing, and presenting the physical condition of a house for sale. It is an essential step in the real estate industry that makes your property more attractive on the market. The more desirable your home becomes, the more likely it is to sell. It helps potential buyers visualize how possible improvements could affect the value of their property. Plus, it can bring buyers back to see your home after renovations or upgrades are made, so you can compete with other sellers who have renovated their properties.
How Do You Stage A House?
Staging a house is all about the narrative. You want to make your home appealing to as many people as possible by making it look amazing, but allowing potential customers to imagine how they will turn it into their own home. In order to stage a house, certain elements need to be considered. For instance, bathrooms and kitchens should be in good condition, with furniture and appliances adequately placed throughout the premises. On top of that, these rooms must be cleaned and prepared for their new owner. These are some of the things you need to do:
- Give it a clean: No matter how amazing the location, a dirty property is too off-putting for most people. Therefore, keep it clean and hire a professional deep cleaning company if you have to.
- Declutter: Potential customers want to visualize how they will make your house their home. Too much clutter makes this task more challenging.
- Place fresh flowers: This is a simple but effective method of making your home more desirable. Ensure they’re the right type and placed strategically in each room, and you’ll attract more viewers to make you an offer.
- Repair damaged areas: Fix that leaky tap and replaster that damaged drywall. A lot of minor repairs add up a big difference.
- Increase the lighting: Most potential buyers will visit during the evening, so you should ensure that you have enough atmospheric lighting to make your home look fantastic.
If you’re thinking of selling your house, it is crucial to prepare your home for sale. Not only do you want to get the most money for your house, but you also want to attract potential buyers. Maximizing your proceeds when selling your house involves knowing how to prepare it for sale, pricing it correctly, and anticipating buyers’ needs.