When you want to decorate or to renovate your home, adding decorative lights is a great way to start and improve your space. But if you have never done this, you might not know how to choose the adequate decorative lamps for your home. In addition to illuminating the space, the light also impacts the mood of people and plays an important role in setting the ambiance of your dwelling.
And we are not talking just about the general lighting, but mostly about the decorative lights. Whether they are task lights or accent lights, their role is to illuminate different areas of the rooms, making you feel relaxed and comfortable.
Lighting options come in a large variety of models, styles, and budgets. From traditional to modern and contemporary styles, from low budget to very expensive masterpieces. There are options and alternatives for everyone.
But before choosing the fixtures and deciding about their places in your home, you should step back and start thinking to take into considerations a few aspects, such as:
- Make a clear idea about the purpose of the lighting – will it be for the hallway, for the living room, bedroom, kids’ room, or for the kitchen? Will it be an ambient light or a task one?
- Know the style of the house. There is no point in bringing ultra-modern lighting items into a traditional vintage home because they simply will not fit. But at the same time, it’s a good idea to mix and match different styles, both for furniture pieces, decoration objects, and lights. This way, you’ll add your unique personality to your house, making it warm, inviting, and comfortable.
- Be aware that every light will have two “faces”: one when it is lit and another when it is unlit. As such, no matter how beautiful a light fitting is, it will only reveal the full potential and beauty when illuminated. A lamp that is subtle during the day can become much more dramatic or exotic as darkness falls, casting wonderful shadows and rays into the interior space. Therefore, consider the effect of a decorative lamp on a room at any time of day, integrating it not only as a lighting object but also as a piece of furniture.
- When considering lighting your space, you should always think about how natural and artificial work together.
Our top picks:
1. The Moon Lamp by Galaxy Lamps
If you are a space enthusiast, or just love to keep in your hand the replica of the big white ball from the sky – then the Moon Lamp is a very great option. Made from 100% eco-friendly material, the lamp is created using high-quality NASA images and it’s a realistic miniature of the real moon. As it has 2 colors, adjustable brightness, and 3 different lighting modes, you can set it according to your preferences.
2. Sellner Table Lamp
Having a glass and metal body, this item is a great option if you want a versatile and elegant bedside lamp. Sellner Table Lamp has a timeless and elegant design, which allows you to add refinement to virtually any space.
3. Ben Traditional Table Lamps
If you love the traditional style, then you’ll also love these Ben Traditional Table Lamps. Coming in a set of two, these lamps are perfect to use anywhere in your house. Having a classic and timeless design, you can choose from three finishes – brushed nickel, antique brass, or dark bronze – to fit and match your décor.
4. Elegant Designs LT1025-BLK Modern Leather Table Lamp
Due to its minimalist look, this fashionable table lamp is a good choice for any modern or transitional home. With the squared-off base made from leather and white fabric shade, it will add a special flair and style to any room.
5. AUKEY Table Lamp Touch Sensor Bedside Lamp
The Aukey Touch Sensor Lamp is great for both relaxing background illumination and reading. Particularly suitable for bedrooms, but also living rooms, and hallways, this touch-sensitive table lamp turns on and off with a simple tap on its metal base.
We’ve covered a few aspects of matching the lightings and our top choices of the lights to put in your house. Ultimately, the choice is all yours, but now you have the basic information and are aware where to start from when choosing your décor lamps.