How your home looks can create an impression on buyers. It’ll be very challenging for you to sell your home if the entire space is cluttered and dirty. How can you convince potential homebuyers that your property is a great investment if they can’t even see themselves living in it because of the clutter? Do you think you can attract homebuyers with a poorly maintained home? Having answers to these questions is vital as it can affect your ability to sell your home and make profits from it.
A messy home can turn away potential buyers. A less-than-clean property makes it look uninviting and sends out red signals to a prospective buyer that there could be serious problems lurking beneath the dirt. On the other hand, a spotless home is inviting and attractive and has a potential to sell at a good price. Make your home look attractive to a buyer by sprucing it up or by using Tucson Maids.
For you to attract homebuyers in the soonest time possible, roll up your sleeves, get on your knees, and strive to thoroughly clean your house. The tips listed below are more than enough to convince homebuyers that your property is surely worth their hard-earned money.
Here are some house cleaning tips you should follow before putting your property on sale:
House Cleaning Tips
It all begins with clearing the clutter. Remember, cluttered space can easily distract potential buyers. A spacious home can look and feel cramped if clutter is all over the place. Instead of creating a comfortable and relaxing environment for the next homeowners, clutter can also cause a lot of stress.
Make sure that this doesn’t happen by conquering clutter first. You may want to get rid of anything that is unnecessarily eating space or wearing a messy look. The untidy paper stacks staring at you from the desk are consuming space. The table cluttered with all the essentials wears a bad look. Clear that up and organize the essentials.
Regardless of how expensive or sentimental a thing is, properly dispose them if you are no longer using any of these. Keeping junk around your home will only collect dust and adversely affect the ambiance of the space.
You want to spark interest in a potential buyer to dream of living in such a pristine space.
As you start to de-clutter the space, sort through everything to decide what to save and what not to. The idea is to reduce the clutter in open areas, so your house looks inviting to a prospective homeowner.
Clear up all visible spaces of clutter. This includes everyday items sitting on shelves, desks, countertops, tables, and dresser tops. If you have hard-to-reach areas around your home, like bespoke storage in your attic, consider hiring pros, such as Pressure Perfect Cleaning, to clean everything for you. Hiring one can be cost-effective because you will save a lot of time and energy and ensure that your safety as they will take responsibility for decluttering your entire home.
When a potential buyer gets to see a neat and tidy home, they can focus on the actual home without wondering about the junk and overflowing closets. A clean and spacious home will also make it very easy for them to imagine themselves living in your property – with appliances and pieces of furniture in their preferred location.
Start with the bedroom
Your bedroom is your personal space where you build dreams. It should look like your palace to the potential buyer. Keeping it neat is essential to setting the right impression. So, start right away with your bedroom when it comes to house cleaning.
- De-clutter the space.
- Wash blankets and comforters.
- Keep curtains and rugs clean.
- Wipe clean the furniture. Your DIY furniture polish can leave a lasting finish.
- Clean the closets.
- Keep laundry basket away from sight.
- Reduce storage
Clean all the open storage areas. This includes areas that the new homeowner will get along with the property, such as built-in closets and cabinets. Clearing the clutter from built-in storage spaces frees up a lot of space. This creates the impression of spacious property, which is appealing to buyers.
Clean the foyer
Clean the entry and foyer is one of the most important house cleaning tips. Potential homebuyers will notice the entryway first.
- Wipe clean the door and hardware.
- Wipe off any fingerprints with a clean sponge from the door and handles. You may use a mix of baking soda and lime juice for the cleaning purpose.
- Clean scuff marks along the walls.
- Repaint the door if they look too dirty. One powerful DIY furniture polish that might come in handy is a mix of 1 cup olive oil and ¼ cup vinegar. Shake both ingredients well in a spray bottle. You may add a few drops of an essential oil for aroma.
- Ditch your old welcome mat and replace with a new one if the old one is too filthy to clean.
Check the fixtures
Perhaps a potential homeowner might drop in late in the evening. So you want to make sure that all lighting fixtures and bulbs are working. On top of it, your house cleaning for sale is incomplete if you keep the fixtures and bulbs dirty and nonfunctional.
Declutter the kitchen
Any potential buyer wants to peep into the kitchen and bathroom before making a decision on the property. A stained bathroom can drive away a potential home buyer.
So when it comes to house cleaning for property sale, you want to make sure the kitchen and bath are spruced up.
As far as kitchen cleaning is concerned, wipe down the cabinets. Use a homemade solution of baking soda and lime juice for cleaning purpose. You will be amazed to find how greasy the doors and hardware get from everyday cooking.
- Clean the stove hood and the grill.
- Another important spot that collects a lot of filth is the underneath of the sink. Clean the pipes inside-out so there are no blockages.
- Check each cabinet knob.
- Clean all appliances.
- Scrub all cabinets.
Organize everything neatly. If you have a sparkling kitchen, it’s easier for potential owners to picture themselves cooking there. What more do you want to impress them?
Do not forget the bathroom
Make your bathroom a showpiece where a prospective buyer can dream of spending some me time.
- Clear away the clutter and clean the mold and mildew. There should be no residue anywhere.
- A vinegar and water solution can leave counters, tiles, and cabinet fronts sparkling clean. The solution will also clean the shower and tub.
- It is a good idea to sprinkle some baking soda in the toilet bowl. Dump 1 cup of white vinegar into it. Wait for 30 minutes. Scrub with a toilet brush for a sparkling clean and stain-free bowl. What’s more, this homemade solution clears away any lingering smell from the bathroom.
- Make sure dirty clothes are not visible. They should be kept off sight.
Deep cleaning is essential
Now you might be wondering as to why you should go for deep cleaning when you plan to stage your home. Well, it’s the first impression that counts when someone comes for a home purchase.
Dirty floors, foul smells, and dingy rooms can make a bad impression on a potential buyer. So house cleaning should top your mind when listing your home.
Give your property a deep clean to ensure that your abode looks ready for a sale. Clean it
These house cleaning tips should come in handy when preparing your property for sale. A clean, spruced up space can easily enchant potential buyers. What’s more, de-cluttering is a good way to prepare for packing your stuff for the move.