Everything You Need to Know About Quartz Countertops

Now is the time to start adding a fresh look to your home. And there is no better way than by adding quartz countertops to your kitchen, bath, or any other surface you desire. Let’s take a look at a brief overview of what quartz countertops are and how they can upgrade your home!

What are Quartz Countertops?

Quartz countertops are a man-made material, composed of roughly 90% quartz. The remaining 10% is comprised of resins and pigments.

Benefits of Quartz Countertops

Quartz countertops are:

  • non-porous, which means that they can be used where foods and liquids are present
    low-maintenance, require minimal cleaning (unlike marble, which is a high-maintenance material for countertops)
  • durable, being able to withstand cuts from knives and light abrasions, as well as being fissure resistant (unlike natural materials like granite)
  • easy to customize to unique shapes (i.e. 12’’ overhangs, which natural materials cannot support)

Styles of Quartz Countertops

Because quartz is man-made, it can be customized in a variety of ways. This includes incorporating colors like black quartz or even red to match your decor, flecks to enhance the visual appeal, patterns to add symmetry, and various surfaces (like matte and glossy). Because quartz countertops are mostly quartz, it features varying vein patterns that add a natural look wherever it is installed.

And if your home or commercial space has other design features, quartz countertops can be customized to mimic limestone, Italian marble, concrete, and so forth.

Uses for Quartz

Quartz countertops are commonly used in kitchens and bathrooms due to its inherent resistant qualities. This may include:

  • kitchen islands
  • backsplashes
  • bar tops
  • decorative storage
  • wall cladding
  • sinks
  • and various commercial usages, including:
  • high-volume restaurant counter spaces
  • healthcare countertops
  • lobby desks

As you can see, quartz countertops offer a wide variety of home and commercial usages that makes it the first choice for many professional builders and long-lasting home renovation projects.
Hanstone Quartz Countertops Infographic

Everything You Need to Know About Quartz Countertops was last modified: by

Rotimatic Roti maker - You are in charge of what goes in your Flatbread.

Designing The Ultimate Kitchens

Bespoke kitchens are the new thing — everyone wants the heart of their home tailored to their personality. With the investment of technology and...

9 Top Reasons to Consider Natural Stone for Paving

Are you planning to pave your garden and facing the dilemma of choosing the right paving material? From concrete, gravel, brick, slate to limestone,...

Outdoor Landscape Lighting – A Great Way For House Illumination

Outdoor landscape lighting is a superb option when it comes to deciding on the best lighting for any outdoor occasion. This lighting option can...

How to Inject Colour and Style into Your Home

Make a statement in your home by using bright colours and bold decor. Despite the fact that most homeowners prefer neutral colours or whitewashed...

40+ Funny & Scary Halloween Ghost Decorations Ideas

If you wish to have some fun and easy Halloween night projects for children of every age group. You need to think honestly about...

Five Kitchen Renovation Tips

Kitchen is the most important room in the house because it brings the entire family together for meals. However, a lot of people overlook...
Single Cloud Template – Home Decor was last modified: by