From February 1, 2017, to February 1, 2021, by the order of the Government of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam, a system for issuing electronic entry visas for foreigners, is being introduced experimentally.
An e-visa-vietnam.com is issued by the Entry and Exit Office of the Ministry of Public Security (IOB) of the SRV to a foreign citizen using an electronic system. It is single, with a stay in Vietnam of not more than 30 days. After entering on such a visa, foreign citizens can, if they wish, extend their stay in the country once by receiving an ordinary visa at the Airborne Migration and Defense Ministry.
To obtain an EV, a foreign citizen must have a passport valid for 6 months at the time of entry into Vietnam.
EV can be issued in two ways:
Through the websites of the Airborne Forces MOB SRV https://www.immigration.gov.vn / https://www.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn, providing copies of the relevant documents and paying the fees. Using the received special code, you can check the visa availability and print it.
Through the host organization (registered in the Airborne Militia of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam), which is vouched for a foreign citizen and contacts the Airborne Territory of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Vietnam with a request to issue an EV to him. The results of the consideration of the visa application are sent to the host organization. Having received the information, the applicant can independently print a visa.
A foreign citizen who has received EV can enter Vietnam through one of the 28 passport control points (a list is attached). If you plan to cross the border through other points, then you need to get an ordinary visa.
To obtain electronic money, a foreign citizen must pay $ 25 by transfer to a bank account, the number of which is published on the sites mentioned above. In case of refusal to issue a visa, this fee is not refundable.
List of passport control points (PPC) through which foreign citizens who have issued electronic visas have the right to enter/leave Vietnam
PPK at airports
- Noi Bai International Airport (Hanoi);
- Tan Son Nhat International Airport (Ho Chi Minh City);
- Kamran International Airport (Nha Trang);
- Danang International Airport (Danang);
- Catby International Airport (Haiphong);
- Can Tho International Airport (Can Tho);
- Phu Quoc International Airport (Phu Quoc Island);
- Fubai International Airport (Hue).
- International PPC Mongkai (Quang Ninh Province);
- International PPK Hyungi (Langshon Prov.);
- International PPC Laokai (Laokai Province);
- International PPK Namkan (Ngean Prov.);
- International CCP Caucheo (Hachin Province);
- International PPC Chalo (Quangbin Province);
- International PPK Laobao (Quangchi Province);
- International PPK Fights (Kontum Prov.);
- International MCP of Mokbai (Tainin Province);
- International PPC Samat (Tainin Province);
- International PPK Tinbien (Anjiang Province);
- International PPK Shongtien (Anjiang Province);
- International PPC Hatien (Kienziang Prov.).
PPK in seaports
- Hongai Port (Quang Ninh);
- Port Haiphong (Haiphong);
- Nha Trang Port (Khanh Hoa Province);
- Port of Danang (Danang city);
- Kunen Port (Bindin Province);
- Port of Baria-Vung Tau (Vung Tau Prov.);
- Port of Ho Chi Minh City (Ho Chi Minh City).