Privacy is something we all need and value. In the work environment, when you get called into the manager’s office for a serious conversation about promotions, for example, the first thing they do is close the window blinds. At home, you close the blinds to keep prying eyes out of your business.
Finding a reliable company for your blind installation can prove to be a challenge if you don’t know where to start. So, if you want to invest in the best quality window blinds, Curtain Master & Blinds in Durban can help you out. We have three decades worth of experience in the window treatment business, providing our clients with quality curtains, blinds and accessories and a great reputation in the industry.
What started out as a ready-made curtain shop in Gauteng has transformed into a market leader across South Africa. While our headquarters are based in Durban, we supply our products and services throughout the country.
What Are Window Blinds?
Window blinds are modern window coverings that can be operated manually as well as electronically, using a remote control. As the name suggests a window blind ‘blinds’ a person standing outside the window from knowing what is going on behind closed doors. They also help to prevent light from entering a particular space.
The custom-made blinds manufactured by Curtain Master & Blinds in Durban (Kwa-Zulu Natal) come in different styles and have different names too, such as shutters, roller blinds, cellular shades, etc. They are made of a variety of durable materials such as aluminium, polyester, PVC, wood, etc. and are easily available.
Types of Blinds
- Vertical Blinds: These blinds have vertical slats that can open from the middle or from side-to-side. These are the most popular type of blinds preferred by customers and are easily available.
- Venetian Blinds: These blinds are also quite popular and have horizontal slats that are attached with tapes (strings of cloth). These blinds are raised when the bottom slat is pressed into the slat right above it.
- Mini Blinds: These blinds are almost identical to Venetian blinds but the only difference is the width between the slats. As the name suggests, these blinds have a smaller width compared to the Venetian ones.
- Panel Blinds: These are very similar in their appearance to the Vertical blinds. However the difference is that in the case of panel blinds, there are no slats, but panels that are either opened or closed according to requirement. These blinds are made to fit large windows.
- Pleated Shades: As the name suggests, these shades are pleated together to make it whole and they shade the entire window. Unlike Venetian blinds, they cannot be adjusted from side to side; they are either opened or closed completely.
- Cellular Shades: The pattern of these shades is such that their pleats look like cells. Unlike a pleated shade which is made from a single material, the front and the back of the shades are made from two different materials with a hole in the middle of these shades, which act as insulation during every season. It keeps the house warm during winter and cool during summer.
- Solar Shades: These shades are quite modern and help to limit sunlight and heat from entering a room thereby keeping the room cool.
Why Buy Blinds?
There are many benefits to installing window blinds. Here are some of them:
- Protects privacy: Window blinds provide much-needed privacy.
- Controls temperature: They help in managing the temperature of a particular room. In summer, blinds help cool a room by preventing too much light and UV rays from entering. In winter, blinds help keep a room warm.
- Safe to Use: Window blind manufacturers have now started to make cordless blinds to keep children and pets at home safe from getting stuck between the long cords. Remote controlled blinds are the safest option since they are cordless and easy to control.
- Looks Elegant: People are moving away from classic curtains towards blinds; the reason? Window blinds add a certain richness and elegance that people notice instantly upon entering. This is the key reason why manufacturers have started to use different types of materials — to increase the appeal of blinds.
- Easy Maintenance: Window blinds are the easiest to maintain. As opposed to curtains that need to be taken down entirely to be washed, blinds don’t require much effort. Simply wiping them down with a wet cloth is all it takes to keep them clean.
Why Choose Custom-made Blinds in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal)
As we’ve mentioned before, there are so many competitors in the market and it can be confusing to choose the right brand. But, don’t worry! Curtain Master & Blinds in Durban (KwaZulu-Natal) has got you covered.
When you want the best quality window blinds, you hire the best in the business! And since Curtain Master & Blinds have been in the industry for more than 30 years, you can rest assured, you are in good hands. You can trust us to give you products and services that are perfect for your home!