A painter and decorator is a professional handicraftsman who has to perform many works such as paint, wallpapers, specific coatings to the wall, ceiling or floor, varnishes and so on. Mainly they have to play decorative functions to the external or internal spaces. As a self-employed painter or decorator you have to search for your clients according to your specific style. But there are some basics tips and tricks which will help you to be more professional as your way of practice.
- Communication Skills: A painter or decorator must have to understand the necessity and requirements of his customer. But many of them do not understand what customer wants and how to fulfill their desired requirements. It is very effective skill which helps to improve a painter or decorator to develop their future career. So it is necessary to recognize the customers’ requirements and also to learn how to express them to be done. You have to response all the steps according to the way of you customer wants and not to the way they should do that. You can show suggestions to your customers but the final decision will be your customer’s choice. You have to respect to your customer’s comments or observations.
- Aesthetical perceive: In any home decorative purpose, aesthetic plays an important role. So aesthetical perceive is need to be gained by a painter and decorator. In decorative works scale & proportion are also have to be maintained strictly. Aesthetic is a philosophical term which deals with the beauty and charm according to nature. Aesthetical perceive means how to decorate or ornament a thing to enrich the beauty not only by adding or removing but also shifting. It also describes to the visual attractiveness of a product. Sometimes customers can ask for some advice or judgment from you. So you must have the aesthetical senses that will help you to give him or her suitable decisions.
- Detailed view capability: It is a capability of a painter or decorator to analyze every single detail which can make the work more appropriate. This capability helps to increase the level of perfection. Home decoration has to be done as more as detail is possible. Because a single error can cause a unsatisfied condition to the customers. It can affect a bad effect to the career of a painter or decorator.
- Creativity: Creativity is a kind of an ability which acts different types of imaginative ideas to the reality. Every person who is directly or indirectly involved with some aesthetical issues should be creative on their own way of philosophy. The works of painter and decorator is a play of creativity and self-expression. They can do their work from the very depth of our heart and soul to express the emotions. Other technical skills or special abilities are not more necessary than creativity.
- Time schedule management: To be a professional home painter or decorator time schedule is very important. You have to work efficiently to manage your other schedules. Besides you should have the ability to pretend the ending time period of your every task. This ability helps to manage the other schedules as well.
- Familiarity with tools: If you are a painter then you have to maintain some basics to use your tools for various purposes. You have to learn the specific ones to use for the specific circumstances. There are not only some tools for painting but also for texture, luster, viscosity, drying time, and other factors. So you have to choose the perfect one for the specific work. Choosing the wrong combination on wrong surface may affect your career badly.