No matter where you live or what type of home you own, the front yard is the first thing visitors see. Whether you are expecting guests for the holidays or just trying to impress the neighbors, sprucing up the front of your property is a great place to start.
You do not have to spend a fortune to make your front yard look like a million bucks. Here are 10 simple ways to spruce up your landscape and make your home look better than ever.
- Put your landscaping in the limelight. If you are proud of your trees and bushes, don’t hide them after dark. A few well positioned spotlights can beautify your property after dark and give your front yard a dramatic new look.
- Create a dynamic color scheme. When choosing new plants for your front yard, do your planting according to color. A dramatic mix of colors will beautify any landscape, and all you have to do is watch them grow.
- Enhance your front porch with container gardens. If you are looking for a great way to spruce up your front porch, just grab some suitable containers and some potting soil mix and get going. Whether you plant flowers, vegetables or a combination, you can sit back and watch your efforts pay off.
- Landscape your mailbox. If you want your front yard to look its best, start by giving your humble mailbox an upscale makeover. From landscaped flower beds to hanging planters, there are plenty of ways to make your mailbox look its best.
- Light up a path with solar lights. Adding lights to your front walkway will make your home safer for after dark visitors while beautifying your home. Solar lights are the perfect solution, since they require no wiring and come on automatically as soon as the sun has gone down.
- Upgrade your house numbers. The numbers on your home perform an important function, but they are not strictly utilitarian. The address numbers on your home can create a wonderful first impression, so upgrade them today.
- Start a topiary garden. If you long to show off your artistic side, why not turn your plain bush into a stunning topiary? This project can be challenging at first, but once you get the hang of it, you will have a ton of fun sculpting your landscape elements into whimsical shapes.
- Beautify your windows with flower boxes. A windowsill mounted flower box is always a delight, so show off your green thumb with an assortment of your favorite blossoms.
- Decorate your fence. From twinkling lights to boughs of evergreen, there are plenty of ways to make your plain fence pop. Just let your imagination be your guide.
- Upgrade your outdoor furniture. There is nothing like sitting on a sunny porch on a summer day, so why not invest in quality outdoor furniture? If you have a tight budget, replacement slings for patio furniture are a quick and cost-effective way to give your front yard a posh new look – and you a comfortable place to enjoy the day.
From the humblest home to the grandest estate, first impressions matter. The front yard and landscaping are the first things people see when they visit your home, so you want to make them count. The 10 ideas listed above will help you get started, and the rest is up to you.