10 Benefits Of Gas Fireplaces In Your Home
In the colder months, it’s nice to sit by the fireplace and keep yourself warm while you enjoy a good book or cup of tea. You may be picturing a fireplace with logs burning but today, gas fireplaces are preferred by many people. If you’re considering getting a gas fireplace for your home, a gas fireplace guide can help you make a more informed choice. And if you have any question about energy price then with the help of Simply Switch you can get all your answers.
Here are the benefits of using a gas fireplace or the reasons why you should get one for your home.
1. Provides Continuous Heat.Probably the most obvious benefit of using a gas fireplace is that it provides continuous heat. Because the fire from a gas fireplace doesn’t need tending, you don’t have to worry about it dying if you leave and forget it. A gas fireplace also comes with a wall thermostat, which can help you control the flame size and maintain a specific room temperature.
2. Requires Less Maintenance. Gas fireplaces don’t use firewood, so you don’t have to sweep up ashes or any wood remains. On the other hand, wood fireplaces need regular maintenance, together with their chimney, to avoid creosote accumulation. Also, since you won’t need logs to keep the fireplace glowing, this will mean less work for you. There’s no need to chop, stack, or buy logs.
3. Gives More Savings. With a gas fireplace, you can easily heat the places in your home where you spend the most time. Keeping only those places warm helps you save money on heating rooms you’re not using, which you would have otherwise spent using a central heater.
You can also save on heating costs by using a gas fireplace to warm your living room during unpredictable weather especially when you need more warmth that the central heating can provide.
When it comes to installing fireplaces, it’s cheaper to install a gas fireplace than a wooden one.
4. Easy Operation. Gas fireplaces can easily be turned on and off with one click of a switch to warm your room instantly, unlike wood fireplaces that need time to be set up. As mentioned previously, this eliminates the tedious process of chopping, stacking, and storing wood.
Other fireplaces also come with a remote control, making them even more convenient. With this feature, it’s easy for anyone in the family to operate the fireplace. Some models also have timers, allowing users to set a specific time for turning them off in case they forget about it.
Finally, a gas fireplace doesn’t need a chimney, which means that you can have them installed in other parts of your home like the patio, bedroom, or basement.
5. Adds Style. Gas fireplaces come in various Nommaus designs and styles, which can help add value to your home. You can even choose fireplaces equipped with natural looking logs to make them look like a traditional fireplace.
6. Is Environmentally Friendly. Because gas fireplaces don’t release as much fumes into the air as wooden fireplaces, you can use them without harming the environment, making them a sound choice for many people considering their impact on nature in the long run.
7. Provides More Warmth. Some gas fireplace models come with a blower to help circulate warm air around the home, rather than only in the room where it’s placed. With a gas fireplace, 75 to 99 percent of the fuel’s energy is given as heat, compared to 10 to 30 percent for wooden fireplaces.
8. Is Kid And Pet-Friendly. Gas fireplaces are a safe choice for pets and children because they don’t have toxic fumes, fly away sparks, and open flames. You don’t have to worry about the kids or your pet catching fire while moving around the room. Also, because you don’t have to pile up wood, there’s no place for snakes and spiders to live within your home. Moreover, nobody has to go outside during winter to get firewood to keep the fireplace going.
9. Simple And Cheap Installation. Installing gas fireplaces is usually more affordable than wooden ones. You can also convert an old wooden fireplace into a gas one with the help of a professional chimney service company. Now, you can add a fireplace to any part of your home without even needing a chimney.
10. A Good Investment. Installing a gas fireplace can dramatically improve your home’s value by adding a stylish touch to your place. It also adds convenience and comfort for potential buyers, in case you plan to sell your property later on.
A gas fireplace is a convenient and practical feature for any home. Installing or replacing an old wooden fireplace with a gas-powered one can let you enjoy continuous heat that can be turned on or off just by flipping a switch. It’s a sound choice for homeowners with pets or kids as it’s safer than a wood-burning fireplace. Finally, a gas fireplace is one way to improve your home’s market value.