The new year is here! It’s an excellent time to invigorate your home with new home décor ideas. Changing the way your home looks can excite and inspire. Major updates and renovations are expensive. The good news is that there are ways you can refresh your interior design without saving up thousands of dollars to do it.
- Open a Room with a Mirror – A mirror reflects the area around it, making the space feel larger. Display in smaller rooms to open them up visually. You can use a simple mirror or something with an ornate frame to serve as a focal point.
- Use Frames to Decorate Walls – Picture frames can completely transform a bland wall. Collect several frames and paint them white. Add black and white photos and arrange on a wall to create a gorgeous gallery. You can repurpose your old frames or find a few second-hand to save money.
- Try a Fresh Coat of Paint – A fresh coat of paint can have a powerful impact. Go in a new direction this year by painting at least one room. Use brighter or darker shades to make the space feel lively and open or cosy and inviting.
- Change Your Light Fixtures – Lighting influences the atmosphere in a room. Add or remove light fixtures to create the perfect illumination for the space.
Also, look at the style of your light fixtures. Today’s styles range from minimalist to industrial. Find something that suits your taste and if you’re still not sure consult some light experts like the team at www.connectelectric.com.au/.
- Apply Chalkboard Wall Paint – Cover a small area in chalkboard paint. You can attach a frame on top to create a well-defined border. Now you have a place to write notes and reminders. Chalkboard paint is magnetic so that you can hang magnets and décor.
- Add Party Lighting to Any Room – Party lighting sets the mood, even if you aren’t having a celebration. Strategically hang a string or curtain of lights in a bedroom or an area where you entertain.
If you don’t have enough outlet space for lights, contact an electrician. They can run wire and install a new outlet so you can safely use your party lights all year round!
- Repaint Old Flowerpots – Gather your old flowerpots and give them new life with paint! You can use metallic gold or silver for a richer, bolder look. Or, if you are creative, try painting beautiful designs that turn your pots into one-of-a-kind works of art.
- Make a Word Canvas – Get a canvas or repurpose an old canvas by painting it with primer. Then use your best handwriting to paint on words, phrases, or full sentences.
Cover the surface in text. This could be anything from a quote or collection of quotes you like to a section from your favourite book. Hang on a wall to add character to any room.
- Dress Up the Ceiling – Ceilings are often forgotten when it comes to home décor. You can paint yours or look for decorative tiles to install. Either method will transform the way the room looks and feels each time you walk in.
- Discover Your Upholstery Skills – Take on a small upholstery project to expand your skills and spice up your home décor. Reupholster an old chair or ottoman to give it a whole new look.
Safety should be a top priority when using a DIY home décor idea. Remember to shutoff all power before working with electricity or if you’re not confident hire an electrician. They can ensure that your wiring is safe and that you have the outlet space you need to get the most out of your home’s new look!