The kitchen is an indispensable part of a house that ties the whole structure together and sets the tone for the entire house. Having a modern and functional kitchen is truly a blessing as it turns meal preparation into a fun activity amidst the hustle and bustle of life.
How Much Does Kitchen Remodeling Cost?
Assigning a fixed value to something that can happen in multiple stages would be unfair. For some people, kitchen remodeling might include just the painting process, while others might need to get it designed and reconstructed. Generally, kitchen remodeling costs around $8,000 to $20,000. If not planned properly, changes in layout and mechanical upgrades can make a huge dent in your budget.
Renovating a home is a huge step that entails a lot of planning and funding. Kitchen remodeling is one of the essential parts of home renovation and takes up a big portion of your budget. The process itself is costly. There are several aspects, like construction, electricity, and plumbing, that need to be taken care of before the remodeling begins. All these factors add up to the cost, which gives you an approximate budget. This will further help you decide where to invest more and where to cut back on the costs. Cabinets are a significant part of a kitchen that takes up quite a bit of surface area, affecting the entire aesthetic, storage capacity, and layout. Cabinets are also the most important part of kitchen remodeling and can transform the look of your kitchen. Remodeling can reduce the number of repairs needed in day-to-day life and increase your home’s resale value.
Why Are Kitchen Cabinets Important?
Most of us reach for the cabinets as soon as we enter the kitchen and usually find the entire space cluttered with additional items. It is crucial to dedicate proper storage areas for different sections of food items, as it can help reduce chaos and eventually save our time in emergency cases. However, the cabinets can start to degrade if they are not repaired timely and can cause an infestation.
Kitchen cabinets are often left underutilized when it comes to interior decoration. They form the bulk portion of the kitchen and can be used to bring a drastic change in the look of the entire space. Sorting the total cost of construction material, labor, installation, and paint is just the basic step of getting started. The idea of using ready-made kitchen cabinets is not a cheap option either. Upper and lower cabinets need separate structures and bases to ensure maximum efficiency. You might have to pay less if the cabinets only require new handles or a coat of paint. Kitchen remodeling can also turn out to be a fun project for the entire family.
Choosing Types Of Cabinets
The most important decision itself is choosing the kind of cabinets you will prefer in your new kitchen. It can be sturdy and durable, matching the color theme of the house or both. Some people remodel just for the sake of a different decor, while others might need more storage space and install better quality cabinets.
- Custom Cabinets – It is a good idea to opt for custom cabinets if you already have a design or color theme in mind. According to your personal needs, custom cabinets can be made with different materials in different shapes, sizes, layouts, and colors. Custom cabinets can take up a lot of time and money.
- Semi-Custom Cabinets – These cabinets are a good option for people who cannot afford custom cabinets and can’t find the right stock cabinets as per their requirements. Here you can alter dimensions or color accordingly.
- Stock Cabinets – These cabinets are manufactured in bulk and are available for you ready to use. You can not make any changes to such cabinets. People who have a limited budget or living in a rented space can opt for these cabinets as they are the cheapest option in the market.
Different Cabinet Materials
Depending on your requirements, you can opt for modern, classic, or vintage kitchen cabinets. Each material has its pros and cons. The budget and your geographic location are the most important factors that can help you choose the right material for the cabinet.
- Wooden Cabinets – These can be customized according to your needs. Along with the cozy look, wooden cabinets are also effective in providing a warm environment.
- Laminate Cabinets – These cabinets are highly durable and do not change color on exposure to sunlight over time. Sleek laminate cabinets help in giving a contemporary look to your kitchen.
- Steel Cabinets – The steel cabinets are environment-friendly and easy to maintain. Cabinets are made with Chromium and Nickel alloy steel that allows them to last longer without getting corroded.
Kitchen remodeling can be a complicated task to figure out on your own. Hence, if you are planning to remodel your kitchen, it is better to talk to experts.