If your mattress is showing signs of wear, such as unevenness, sagging, and squeaking noises, then it might be time to buy a new one. Good quality mattresses tend to last longer and have a great impact on your sleep. So, if you want to sleep better every day, don’t delay replacing your mattress.
Buying a new mattress starts with knowing what the best mattress options have in common. Read on to find out more about these common qualities to look for as you choose a new mattress.
Right Mattress Firmness
High-quality mattresses are neither too firm nor too soft. While this characteristic is subjective, you wouldn’t want to buy a mattress that’s too soft as it will make you feel like you’re sinking deep into the foam. If it’s too firm, you can potentially hurt your back.
You want a mattress that provides superior comfort and enough support, without compromising on the quality. For this reason, it’s important to pick the firmness level that suits your needs so you can achieve better sleep at night.
Here are the benefits of choosing the right mattress with the right firmness:
- Provides adequate body support
- Promotes maximum comfort when sleeping
- Relieves pressure points
- Prevents postural problems
- Prevents back pain, other types of body pain, and medical conditions related to poor sleeping positions and lack of sleep
The best mattress in the market doesn’t come cheap as it is made from high-quality materials. These mattresses come at higher prices because they’re made up of products that aren’t normally found in generic, mass-produced mattresses.
Here are examples of premium quality materials used in the best mattresses:
- Natural Rubber: If you want to buy a latex mattress, you can choose from either natural or synthetic rubber, which provides a bouncy, firm, and even support throughout the bed. It’s better to invest in natural rubber because synthetic rubber may contain chemicals that may harm your health.
- Steel Coil: Make sure that when you’re buying innerspring mattresses, the coils are made from premium-grade steel that’s suitable for mattresses. If you’re on the heavier side, consider investing in a mattress that’s made of denser materials, like innerspring mattresses that can handle a person weighing 100 to 200 pounds.
- Cotton: Sleep promotes healthy metabolism, boosts immunity, promotes tissue repair, and improves blood circulation. That’s why you need a comfortable bed to get enough sleep at night. One of the best materials for your pillowtop mattress is cotton. It is natural, breathable, and very comfortable.
Best Mattress Features
A great mattress must have additional features and benefits that will meet your needs. It’s these add-ons that can ensure a healthier and sounder sleep at night.
Here are some additional features that you can look into:
Smart Cooling Feature: Some mattresses nowadays have technology that lets you regulate your body temperature. Choose copper- or gel-infused variants that are temperature-sensitive and more breathable than regular memory foam types.
Comfortable Padding: Choose a mattress with softer padding so you can sleep better even with body pain. Fabric that’s made of cotton, polyester, or polyurethane foam, for example, provides additional comfort.
The Best Mattresses Promote Better Sleep
By choosing mattresses that are made of premium-quality materials, expect better sleep at night. Sleeping on a wrong mattress can cause pain, stress, and anxiety. Meanwhile, sleeping on the right mattress promotes relaxation, comfort, and sounder sleep at night.
The human body tends to perform complex processes internally during sleep, such as metabolism, tissue repair, and regulation of different hormones to keep the body’s balance or homeostasis. Choosing the best mattress will help you get to sleep faster so your body can repair itself and you’ll be more energized the next day.
Here are the benefits of getting enough sleep:
- Productivity: Good sleep improves productivity. Sleeping on a comfortable mattress will make you more focused the next day.
- Alertness: Getting enough sleep makes you more alert the next day, so you can perform all your daily tasks with ease and confidence.
- Athletic Performance: A night of good sleep boosts athletic performance. Muscle tissue repair takes place during sleep. For this reason, athletes and fitness enthusiasts can benefit from getting enough rest and sleep before training or before a tournament.
- Weight Management: You can manage weight effectively by consuming fewer midnight snacks if you fall asleep faster by sleeping on the right mattress.
The best mattresses have premium quality materials, features, and benefits. The health benefits of a great mattress include sharpened attention, reduced stress, healthy metabolism, and a stronger immune system. Also, the best mattresses are durable, comfortable, and provide enough support to promote proper posture and prevent aggravating body pains.