Thanks to technology, life has become more convenient.
Advancement in technology has also reached the garage door’s mechanism by developing an automatic opener.
A garage door opener allows you to open and close the garage door with just a click of your finger, even at a distance.
So, if you are wondering what garage door opener is the right one to install, you have come to the right place.
In choosing the best garage door opener, consider these two products from the most well-known brands.
If you own a garage, you have undoubtedly heard about Liftmaster. Liftmaster is the top brand for garage door openers, access control systems, and other security accessories.
Liftmaster 8500 is a flagship garage door opener known for its high-security features. With its convenient size of 24 x 10 x 12 in., it is easy to mount in the wall — perfect for saving up overhead space.
Liftmaster 8500 is one of the in-demand garage door openers in the market. Most garage owners use them due to the following key features:
- Security +2.0. Security +2.0 means it has multiple frequencies that improve the opener’s response to the remote. Also, it allows the system to generate a new code at every opening or closing to prevent tampering.
- Motion Sensor. The motion sensor prevents the door from closing when there is an obstruction on the path. Plus, it can automatically activate the lights inside the garage.
- myQ Compatible. myQ is a program that opens or closes a garage door through a smartphone. Also, it can send a notification when there is an unauthorized entry.
- P3 Motor. P3 Motor is a professionally developed motor designed for a stronger pulling force and durable performance.
- Noise and Vibration Resistant. With an extra-strong belt drive system, the opener can lift the garage door with reduced noises and vibrations.
If you have decided to install a Liftmaster 8500, call Garage Door Repair Naperville IL.
We are expert garage door technicians who have the necessary knowledge and equipment to install Liftmaster 8500 accurately and flawlessly.
Expect us to finish the garage door opener installation within the same day.
Chamberlain is the second best brand to rely on when you need a garage door opener. Like Liftmaster, it is a one-stop shop for garage door openers, access control systems, and other security accessories.
The Chamberlain B730 is one of its highest-rated products. It is a belt-drive garage door opener favored by most garage owners due to its simple mechanism and affordability.
Furthermore, like the usual garage door openers, it is located in the ceiling and controls the door via a remote.
As one of the popular garage door openers Chamberlain can offer, the Chamberlain B730 has the following key features:
- Security +2.0 and Motion Sensors. Similar to Liftmaster 8500, it has a security +2.0 and motion sensors. Thus, it can respond well to a remote and notify you if there are obstructions during the door’s closure.
- Backup Battery. The backup battery allows the garage door opener to operate during power outages.
- 3/4 HP Motor. Compared to the typical garage door opener motors, a 3/4 HP motor can carry heavier doors up to 175 lbs.
- Steel-Reinforced Belt Drive. With steel-reinforced belt-drive, it can survive every day wear and tear for a long time.
- Ultra-Quiet Technology. Designed to operate without making noise, it cannot disturb the neighborhood every time you open or close the garage door.
The top 2 best garage door opener brands are the Liftmaster and Chamberlain.
Comparing their two flagship products, the Liftmaster 8500 has more edge in terms of security and convenience. But for a much affordable garage door opener, the Chamberlain B730 is the better choice.
Whatever garage door opener you choose, there could be a time when the opener remote could not work. Common opener problems, such as misaligned photo-eye, weak signal, or dead batteries, can be a hassle. Here is a garage door remote not working guide that can help you resolve the opener issues.