Three Home Appliance Hacks to Save You Time
The joy of home-ownership can come to a crashing halt when appliances are not working. Trying to get through a day without a functional stove, washer or dryer, or keep food fresh when the refrigerator is not cold can cause immediate stress. Here are three home appliance hacks that will help keep your Toronto home in working order. Additionally, if you need help fixing any appliances in an emergency situation, or if you simply need your older appliances serviced for maximum efficiency, you can always call a reliable, local appliance repair service for help. Fixing your old appliances rather than just running out and buying new ones is often the prudent course of action since you get more value out of what you spent on the older appliance. If you did want to buy new appliances, you should check out some home appliance coupons to save yourself some money.
- We all want to get finished with laundry faster, but overfilling the washing machine can cause several problems. Overfilling a washing machine will overwork the motor, balancers, and transmission. Overfilling can also throw off the alignment of the drum. Small articles of clothing, like socks, can go over the barrel and get caught in the drain pipe causing an expensive problem. So how much is too much? A full load of laundry means that the machine is ¾ full of clothes – if you have to push the clothes down into the barrel to fit more in, the washer is too full.
- Owners of a gas range stove should not use soap to clean the burners since soap can lead to corrosion. A clogged lighting hole can also become a problem, making lighters slow to ignite or not ignite at all. Stove owners should refer to their stove’s owner’s manual and follow the manufacturer’s instructions for safe cleaning.
- Freezers are often an overlooked catch-all for desserts and food that you want to preserve, but taking the time to clean it out once in a while can keep it working for years. Packing a freezer too full can block the cold air flow, causing the refrigerator’s condenser to overwork, which could end up burning it out. Freeing up space in the freezer is a great reason to finish up that pint of ice cream!
- Following these hacks will help to keep your appliances in good working order. Many appliances can last over a decade, with proper care. If you do end up needing a repair, do your homework – finding the right company can make all the difference in getting reliable repairs. Make sure that the company you hire has licensed and trained technicians that get the job done properly the first time. Look for a company that has 24/7 availability and same-day service, so that you are not waiting around for a repairman. Hiring someone local is usually cheaper (because the technician does not have to travel as far), so call an established company who has earned trust in the Greater Toronto Area for years.
- Maintaining your appliances by operating and cleaning them correctly will result in fewer instances where you need to call for repairs. If you do find yourself with a broken machine, choose a company that is known for delivering trusted, quick, and reliable repairs.