As the children grow up, they may move out of home or organize new home after getting married. Thus, here comes the spare room. There are various options for spare room decorating. It is exciting and challenging to remodel the spare room as a new room.
10 Spare Rooms Decorating Ideas That You Can Try
- Guest room is the foremost idea for spare rooms decorating. And it is the easiest way to remodel the spare room. You are able to continue to use the bed and dresser that your children used. With a little decoration on the wall, floor and tabletop, its look can be updated for accommodating guests or the visiting children who have left home. As you aims to let everyone love your guest bedroom, use the neutral colors and modern decorative items on the bedside table and dresser, which is a safe choice. On the other hand, for expressing your own aesthetics, pick up those furniture and decor pieces based on your hobbies to create your dream room, even though placing mismatched collections.
- Nursery: Create a warm and cute space for the grandchildren and it would provide chance to consolidate the family relationship. According to your grandchild’s age, bring a crib for baby or a single bed for a teenager, a low reading desk, a space for toys into the spare room and paint the wall in pink or blue with cute cartoon characters to make it full of warmth and interest.
- Home Office: Due to COVID-19, people stayed at home for a long time so a home office becomes a hot topic. Besides, with the development of live broadcast at home, more and more people tend to make room for the career. If the room is big enough, a comfortable workspace should include a computer, an office desk set with chair, a small sofa with small coffee table, or an accent chair with a side table. In fact, you are able to add other pieces based on your needs. For example, a video KOL might need some camera devices and equipment; while a writer may bring some interesting or unusual items (wall decor, table artwork, music player and more) inside to inspire himself.
- Dressing Room: Undoubtedly, a dressing room is an irresistible choice for female. It can be remodeled to connect with a bathroom to ease the way of dressing and makeup. In the walk-in closet, it is suggested to customize the cabinetry to satisfy your daily needs. The inside layout of the dressers should be designed according to your height, the percentage of dresses, shirts, pants, etc. To transform the extra space into a dressing room will boost your happiness.
- Workshop also can be called as a hobby room. There is uncertain layout and fixed furniture inside. You can get it as an interior blossom room if you love flower arrangement but you need to consider to decorate to maximize the natural light of the room. Or change it as an art studio if your spouse or you were a drawer, so the problems of the paintings placement and how to clean it up should be resolved in this space. It is also fantastic to be a carpentry studio to create your wonderful artwork. At this time, please introduce the equipment to fix the issues of safety, noise and dust inside.
- Home Theater: A deep seated couch and long sofa with coffee table can help you create a home theater in the spare room. Leave a wall for a big TV screen or projector screen, and you can opt for a projector TV stand or not. How amazing it is if setting with a fridge full with drinks and a home popcorn machine! Such a home cinema is attractive for any cinephile.
- A reading room, different from a home office which is designed for working, can be decorated as a mini library or study corner. Featured with bookcases over the walls, a floor lamp or table lamp, a comfortable chair or floor sofa, the home library that is academic will let you relax and fall in love with reading. Reading will enhance your retirement life and improve yourself in the spare time.
- Music Room: Are you a music or instrument enthusiast? If yes, converting the spare room into a music room or recording studio is a fantastic solution. You can start your podcast and song composing in the music room. It is in need to apply the sound-proofing material and equipment in remodeling this room.
- Home Gym: Without going out, you are able to exercise at home. Clear the extra room and invest the sport equipment into the room to create a fitness area. A yoga mat, a treadmill, boxing package, will turn the spare room to a professional gym. Guarantee the safety and temperature control system of the room to provide a great fitness experience.
Explore more solutions on the furniture stores, like Povison store, which provides various styles of furniture and home decor items to update the look of your space. Do you have other ideas on remodeling your empty room? Share with us if you have.