Having a high tech sprinkler system is no longer something that is considered a luxury and can only be obtained by mansion owners or fancy country clubs that are home to exclusive golf courses. Given the fact that they have now become much more affordable, they are being adopted by the masses – which is a great thing for cutting down on the amount of water that is being wasted, as it is much more efficient to water your lawn and plants with a sprinkler system than by doing it by hand. Not only are they efficient, but they save money, are highly convenient, and help to keep everything in your yard looking vibrant and being healthy.
No matter what size your yard is, a sprinkler system is of benefit and it will work to ensure that any vegetables, flowers, shrubs, trees, and grass that you have growing in there are vibrant and strong throughout the entity of the year.
What to look for in a healthy lawn
So that you can appreciate the benefits of a well watered lawn yourself, it is important to know what one looks like. There are a number of visual indicators that you can look out for and include no areas of dead or balding grass, a springy texture that sees it bounce back up into place when walked on, not too much thatch at the soil level, a bright and consistent coloring, an even thickness of blades, and being thick and luscious.
Investing in a sprinkler system
There are a number of different reasons as to why it is beneficial to invest some time and money into setting up a sprinkler system in your own yard. These include being better for the environment, saving money, making your property more valuable, making your lawn healthier, stops you from unevenly watering your grass, provides greater convenience, minimizes the presence of weeds and fungi, has the functionality to be scheduled, and provides greater flexibility.
- Better for the environment – although it may not initially seem to be the case, but installing a sprinkler system actually has a number of environmental benefits. Thanks to the latest technology that they use, such as moisture sensors, water gauges, and timers the amount of water that they use are closely regulated. This means that no water is wasted via over watering – something that is often done when this is done by hand as you simply have to guess when enough watering has been done.
- Saving money – with sprinkler systems being so efficient, they do not use any more water than they need to, thus cutting out wastefulness. As a result of this, your water bill will be much lower each month in comparison to when you were watering your lawn and plants by hand. This enables you to have a beautifully green lawn without it having to cost you a small fortune to do so.
- Making your property more valuable – in addition to the financial benefits of saving on your water bill, having a well presented and luscious lawn adds a considerable amount of curb appeal to any property, thus making it more attractive to potential buyers when you come to one day selling it. Buyers will also pay more for a property that has a high tech sprinkler system installed in the yard than one without.
- Making your lawn healthier – a lawn that is not healthy and is strewn with dead patches of grass and has bald spots does not look good to the eye. However, a lawn that is healthy and green, really does look good and is likely to improve the overall value of your property.
- Stops you from unevenly watering your grass – with a high tech sprinkler system, each of the many nozzles are placed in exactly the right spot in order to provide maximum coverage given the layout and topography of the yard space. Having things in place ensures that areas are equally watered and that no areas are missed.
- Provides greater convenience – in addition to the environmental, financial, and aesthetic benefits of having a sprinkler system in your yard, it also provides a greater level of convenience as it frees you of the tiresome job of having to water all of the grass and plants in your yard by hand. This is particularly beneficial to those older people who are not so physically able or those people who do not have time due to the busy lives that they lead. Because the high tech systems can be programmed, it means that regardless of what the weather conditions are like or what season it is, your yard is always getting the correct amount of water on it without you having to do very much at all.
- Minimizes the presence of weeds and fungi – because with a sprinkler system, water can be directed at specific areas of your yard, it can be used to deprive problem areas where fungi and weeds grow in order to deprive them from any sort of moisture.
- Has the functionality to be scheduled – the optimal time to water any lawn is in the early morning hours, just before the sun has come up so that evaporation of the water does not happen too quickly, thus giving your yard plenty of time to soak up and absorb each and every drop of moisture. As a result of this, you can use less water than if you were watering your yard during the middle of the day.
- Provides greater flexibility – you do not need to be present at your property to ensure that your yard is being correctly watered, thus allowing you to go on vacation without having to worry.
Lawn care treatment
If a high tech sprinkler system is something that you do not have the funds, time or knowledge on how to set up in your yard, then you may want to use what funds you do have to invest in a lawn care treatment service instead. The best in the business are the guys at https://www.elkhornlawncare.com/ who provide a wide range of services at different price points.