One or Two Bedrooms? What hould I Build?
Most homeowners often wonder whether or not they should build a one or two-bedroom granny flat. People spend hours debating this straightforward question. To make this process easier for you, we have listed the pros and cons of each.
The Best Granny Flat Options
The structures built by experts like us at A1 Granny Flats are ideal for elderly parents and grandparents as they have the perfect space to stay during this pandemic and later.
One Bedroom Granny Flat
- You get a spacious and open planned layout by combining the kitchen, dining area, and living room.
- This Granny Flat Design in Sydney is perfect for the elderly as you avoid compromising on anything. For instance, you get a larger bathroom and a larger door widths.
- You don’t compromise by trying to fit everything into a 60sqm design.
- The resale value of the property increases as a result of its potential to generate income.
- A build that’s less expensive means that your granny flat with being cash positive sooner.
- Cheaper to construct when compared to a two-bedroom granny flat.
- A one-bedroom flat can only cater to singles or couples, which limits the chances of renting it out.
- Depending on demographics, the difference in income will be roughly $100.
- Increased vacancy rates as most apartments are competing in this space.
Two-Bedroom Granny Flats
- Two-bedroom flats can generate a higher weekly income, with prices ranging from $350-$450
- Two-bedroom granny flats are built to cater to a broader demographic which includes couples and families.
- Two-bedroom granny flats can attract tourists. Airbnb and has a more enormous scope of interest. While single bedroom flats average $70-$80 per night, two-bedroom flats can easily average $80-$110 per night.
- The value of your increases significantly as a result of its potential to generate passive income.
- External features like patios make the layout more spacious.
- Family members can be kept close as kids and grandparents live close by while still maintaining their independence.
- Higher construction costs due to an additional bedroom.
- The main living areas like the kitchen and living room are compromised and can get crowded if you want an open plan design.
- Elderly and disabled individuals might find it difficult due to smaller doors and bathrooms.
- Vacancy rates will be higher as most townhouses and apartments are competing in this demographic.
- An expensive build will take longer to pay off.
Whether you opt for a one-bedroom granny flat or a two-bedroom one, it has to potential to generate passive income. Consider taking some time and go through our plans from our wide range of designs to ensure that you make the right decision.
Hire the Best Granny Flat Builders
Choose an experienced and the Best Granny Flat Builders for your granny flat project. They would be able to provide custom solutions. With over 30 years of experience operating in the industry, we offer clients with superior-quality builds at competitive pricing. Our team of licensed technicians have the knowledge and skill to provide clients with their dream granny flat.
For more information about our services, feel free to call A1 Granny Flats at 1300 941 037.