All scientific papers (masters, bachelors, and doctoral) have their own recommended period for writing. Figuring out how to write a thesis quickly is a complicated issue. The thesis is a voluminous and complex work of scientific research. The most important question is understanding why you need the research, and what is the ultimate goal.
How to quickly write a thesis
A thesis paper summarizes the studies in a chosen degree. Usually, 12-18 months are allotted to write the thesis. For this time, you need to go deeper in the research subject, as well as prepare solutions to the scientific problem for further application in practice.
How to speed up the process of writing a thesis
To write a thesis in less than a year, it is recommended that you follow the guidelines below.
- Topic selection. The chosen topic and problems should be relevant. What does this mean? An acute question is raised that corresponds to the realities of the time. The problem under study is urgent and affects the life of society and the functioning of the state. The legal relationship considered (object, subject, etc.) has not been sufficiently researched in a theoretical sense. When writing a thesis, it is forbidden to use directions that are not related to the chosen topic of the paper. In this way, the conducted research will be disqualified.
- Planning. Make an outline of the points you are going to include in your thesis. All points are discussed and agreed with the supervisor. If you face problems even at this stage, it’s better to ask for professional help. Every good essay writing service like EssayBulls has teams of writers who know how to deal with thesis writing.
- Determining the research methodology and fixation of results. Literary research is the most time-consuming part of writing a thesis. The thesis is a scientific qualification paper, that is, it assumes that the applicant will demonstrate a sufficient level of knowledge and skills to obtain the status of a scientist. The research is built on a hypothesis. The student puts forward a working version and predicts the expected result. The success of the thesis depends on how competently the hypothesis is formulated. Scientific provisions should be worked out in the theoretical and practical parts. Focus only on that which is of practical importance for the subject of research.
Estimated volume of chapters for a PhD thesis
All sections and chapters of the thesis are written in order, with logical interconnection between them. If the author has a deep understanding of the topic, this guarantees that the thesis will be written in half the time.
- In the first chapter, the applicant for a scientific degree presents the essence of the problem and its novelty in 20 pages.
- The second chapter also consists of 20 pages. You need to analyze the literary sources and describe a theoretical basis for the scientific work.
- The volume of the third (practical) chapter varies between 20-40 pages. The applicant justifies the achievement of the goals set with the help of the experiments carried out.
- The fourth chapter presents a summary of the results, and it occupies 20 pages.
The drafts of each chapter should be submitted to the supervisor for a control check in accordance with an individual plan.
How to write a PhD thesis in a year: Is it real?
Paying careful attention to the details, thesis statements, and highlights of the PhD thesis will make your writing process quicker. It is difficult to write such scientific papers on your own in a few months, but you can reduce the time for writing.
When compiling a draft version of the chapters, leave wide margins to simplify the visual identification of errors, inaccuracies, and typos, as well as provide an opportunity to make the necessary working notes and insert graphics in the desired part of the text.
Anyone interested in how to write a thesis knows that it is a lengthy paper. Most of the material is theoretical and practical. That is, it requires the disclosure of the topic in essence. It is important to remember:
- Any scientific material must meet the requirements of literacy and uniqueness. It’s not just about following the rules of spelling and punctuation. The thesis must be written in a suitable style.
- This is a scientific paper, and, therefore, cannot be expressed in common vocabulary. At the same time, the thesis is not a continuous dictionary of terms, and, therefore, an overabundance of highly specialized definitions is unacceptable.
- You should follow the requirements applied to the format of the content, bibliography, and each element of the work. Even the best material must receive a proper outer envelope.
- Emphasis in the work is on the introduction and conclusion. This is exactly what will be read and analyzed. Therefore, it is important to reflect the key points, to be able to concisely and succinctly convey the concept, thesis statements, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Well-prepared handout materials in the form of diagrams, graphs, tables, and other visual information are a bonus in the defense process.
- A dissertation is research. What is important is not repeatedly rephrased text, but the author’s own idea, analysis, conclusions, and unique and practically applicable recommendations. There is no redundant information here. The author’s point of view should be seen in each section.
Don’t make mistakes
Practice shows that the most significant flaw in the preparation of a thesis is the insufficient volume of publications. The rules on how to write a PhD thesis require two or three scientific publications in indexed sources. For PhD applicants, up to 10 articles are required.
Avoid a situation in which the missing article needs to be published in a matter of weeks. This skill must be trained in advance. Those who have devoted enough time to articles and have successful publishing experience will find it easier to cope with the research.
Note: It is useful for doctoral and postgraduate students to participate in conferences, get acquainted with the abstracts of other authors, and attend other people’s defense. This experience will come in handy in the future.
- Among other errors, it is necessary to be aware of the following:
Unproven scientific novelty. Follow the idea-specificity-benefit formula and justify why your work is unique and innovative.
- Insufficient comparison of the chosen method with existing analogues. Even if a review of known methods is applied, this is not enough to fully compare theoretical and practical aspects.
- Inconsistency of the material with the chosen specialty. If a supervisor sees such a defect, it may lead to the cancellation of the thesis.
If there is no time for independent writing, or there are difficulties with the content, planning, bibliography, or some requirement remains unclear, it is advisable to seek help. When a professional future is at stake, unjustified risks are unnecessary.
The list of requirements and questions on how to write a dissertation is huge. The ability to identify major and minor aspects comes with experience. However, we hope that this guide has inspired you to write your thesis more efficiently. Stick to our tips, and you will end up with a high-quality paper as fast as possible. We know that you can do it!