Cinder blocks have been a reliable construction material for decades. You can use it for building weather-resistant homes, retaining walls, privacy fences, and even skyscrapers. Block walls are versatile, durable, and long-lasting.
Block walls are some of the distinct features of modern homes. Aside from its proven durability and longevity, it also provides a unique aesthetic appeal. These masonry walls create a suitable foundation for brutalist, industrial, and contemporary architecture. Block walls offer a perfect solution if you’re looking for an excellent way to upgrade your property.
Here’s how block walls enhance your property’s aesthetic and value.
Offers Design Flexibility
Concrete block walls provide architects and masonry contractors Albuquerque flexibility in bringing your design visions to life. Block walls are an excellent choice whether you’re building a home or a fence to protect and beautify your property.
Building with cinder blocks and concrete gives more opportunities to customize a design. You can furnish it to match any home aesthetic you want to achieve. You can paint it, render it with a stucco finish, or leave it as is for an organic look. You can also use it as a perfect backdrop to accentuate other elements, like wood and steel.
Protects Your Home
Your property value significantly depends on how you protect and maintain it. One of the unmatched benefits of expert-built masonry Albuquerque block walls is the level of protection it provides. It can keep your property safe from the following:
- Flood: Concrete block walls can protect your home from flooding better than any other construction material. With proper rendering and sealing, it can keep water at bay. If you’re in a flood-prone area, building a home and fence with cinder blocks is an excellent choice.
- Soil Erosion: Block walls can protect your property from soil erosion. Expert builders use concrete blocks to build a retaining wall, a safety requirement for sloped properties. This concrete barrier prevents landslides and keeps water and moisture from the soil away from your home.
- Fire: Block walls are fire-resistant, making them excellent for building a firewall. Homes constructed beside the property line require a firewall to protect them from fire. Concrete blocks can withstand extremely high temperatures due to their slow heat transfer. After a fire, you can see these masonry walls still standing.
- Noise: Concrete block walls have soundproofing capabilities. They can protect your home interior from unwanted noise, a necessary feature in busy neighborhoods, townhouses, and apartments.
- Storm: Expertly built concrete walls can resist extreme weather conditions, making them excellent for properties in hurricane-prone areas. Building with concrete blocks can help maintain your property value by minimizing storm damage.
- Earthquake: Reinforced concrete walls can withstand earthquakes. Builders use concrete and steel to construct a structure that resists tension. States and countries in earthquake-prone areas usually require this construction method to protect properties from damage.
Block walls can protect your hard-earned investment by minimizing the risk of damage in case of calamities and other unexpected events.
Requires Less Maintenance
Maintenance is crucial in enhancing your property’s aesthetics and value. In most cases, yearly upkeeping can cost thousands, especially if you’ve built with high-maintenance materials like wood.
Concrete block walls require less maintenance than any other building materials. The upkeep depends on their location and type of finish. Walls painted with a satin or glossy finish are typically stain-resistant. Therefore, wiping with a washcloth with warm water and dish soap is enough to remove dirt, dust, and stain.
On the other hand, you can clean and maintain exterior block walls with a water hose or pressure washer for stubborn stains. Easy cleaning lets you keep your property’s aesthetics and value for lower costs.
Resists Rot And Termites
Homes and fences built with wood are typically prone to rot and termites, primarily due to a lack of maintenance. You can save yourself from these hassles and expensive repairs by opting for concrete block walls.
Block walls are rot and termite resistant. With proper finishing and sealing, you can also waterproof them to save your home from potential water damage.
Aside from their durability, concrete block walls can also make your home safer. You don’t have to worry about termite infestation and mold accumulation that may affect your health. You can maintain indoor air quality, keeping you safe and comfortable.
Creates An Energy Efficient Home
Energy efficiency is essential in boosting property value. Meeting the standards allows you to get an energy performance certificate, which increases the selling price.
Concrete block walls make your home energy efficient. This material helps maintain your interior’s temperature due to its thermal mass. In the long run, it will help you save on heating and cooling bills.
Homes built with concrete block walls typically last more than 60 years. Its longevity helps you maximize your property’s potential. You can create a house with long-lasting beauty and strength that transcends time.
Block walls can enhance your property’s aesthetics and value by providing countless benefits that protect its beauty and quality. Choosing this material for your next project is an excellent investment.