Hardwood flooring, a beautiful flooring system to look at. Although it is expensive, many people love to own hardwood flooring at their home. Because they are easy to maintain and look great.
Also, if you spill out fruit juice on it, worrying is unnecessary in this regard, as people worry with carpet.
However, cleaning hardwood floor is necessary; otherwise, it will get dirty and you have to face a lot of hassle to clean it thoroughly. And many of us are unaware of essential tips for cleaning your hardwood floor that you didn’t know about.
Keeping it fantastic is inevitable, as you have spent your valuable time and money.
From below, let’s learn about 2 earth-friendly techniques to clean your hardwood flooring as well as a few other tips to keep it excellent looking.
Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
Are you tired enough to remove any stubborn stain mark from your hardwood floor? Shake your hands with H2O2, and spill out some liquid of hydrogen peroxide. It will move away from all types of stain marks while drying.
Hydrogen peroxide is the most available cleanser that you can use for your hardwood floor cleaning without any concern.
You will find hydrogen peroxide as an excellent performer in terms of cleaning any floor.
It will not only clean your floor but also with its antibacterial and antifungal characteristics; it can remove any presence of harmful bacteria and fungi.
Follow the below procedure while cleaning your floor with H2O2
- Take a spray bottle; fill it up with 3% of H2O2.
- Then, directly spray it onto the floor.
- Allow it to sit on the floor for the next 4 – 5 minutes.
- Take a microfiber cloth and wipe the H2O2 out.
And you will have a clean floor.
The best feature of citrus cleaner is; it can remove nearly anything from your floor. Due to several reasons, the citrus cleaner is one of the best cleansers. All ingredients of citrus cleaner are natural, and they are oranges, grapefruits, and lemons. Aren’t they eco-friendly?
Worry less, because nothing will happen if your dog licks up a spill of citrus cleaner from the floor. Because there is no toxic chemical involved in this cleaner.
Undoubtedly, the citrus cleaner will leave out your floor a beautiful glowing finish. Also, it will keep focus to protect your beautiful hardwood floor. Additionally, it contains a pleasant aroma that will fill up your whole home once you use citrus cleaner.
Essential Tips for Cleaning Your Hardwood Floor
- Preventive maintenance is the foremost tip for cleaning your hardwood floor. You can save a lot of time and money if you maintain a daily cleaning or wiping off session to remove the dust and dirt. This way, the quality of your hardwood floor will remain perfect for a long time.
- If any spill off occurs, wipe it out as early as possible. Although the spot will not come instantly on the hardwood floor as happens with carpet, you may get the stain mark later if you don’t wipe it out in a timely manner. If the stain gets a chance to create a spot, it will become harder for you to clean the hardwood floor thoroughly.
- Don’t forget to use hardwood cleaner at least 1 time in a week. Thus, the shiny look of your hardwood floor will never fade away. Visit your nearest flooring center or home improvement website for a hard floor cleaner machine. Application of these cleaners are handy, and these cleaners will let you say “thank you” in the future because they will assist you to save a lot of money.
- Avoid using soap and water as a hardwood cleaner. A bucket of soapy water will ruin the quality of your hardwood without any confusion because hardwood is not similar to linoleum. This traditional style of cleaning floor will do damage rather than cleaning your valuable floor. Remember, if the wood comes in contact with water, the chance of getting damage will be high. Water can effortlessly ooze into the cracks, and due to this, discoloration, bend, and bump will happen to the wood. So, it is prohibited to use water and soap for cleaning the hardwood floor.
- Your home furniture may create scratches and gauging signs on your hardwood floor. If you put a felt at the bottom of every furniture, you will be able to save your floor from these unusual scratches and gauging signs. There is some furniture that you can’t stop moving around on the floor like a kitchen and dining table chair. Purchase felt from the nearest local stores, cut them into specific sizes, and attach them using glue at the bottom of all your furniture.
- Do you own a wax hardwood floor? If yes, then it is mandatory to polish the floor at regular intervals to get a shiny and glowing wooden floor. The improper waxing application process will create scratches on your hardwood floor. So, it is significantly vital to follow the direction of the application because all wax products are not the same. Also, if you have any confusion about the application process, don’t hesitate to consult with the manufacturer to get the right direction.
- Premium quality microfiber mop pads will clean your floor proficiently. These mop pads will let you clean the floor with less time and energy. As they are manufactured with superior materials, so they will not leave any stretch mark on the hardwood floor.
With a little bit of caring and following the guidelines of cleaning the hardwood floor, you will get many years of service from your hardwood floor, undoubtedly. All the above guidelines are straightforward and one of the most accessible types of caring tips. All you need to do is, ensure you have followed every tips and cleaning procedure without fail.