If you’re looking for a flooring solution, epoxy floors just might be the perfect choice for you. Epoxy floors are used within several industries and they also come with quite the number of benefits. Our article goes into detail about the main things you need to know about epoxy floors Orlando.
Within the industrial or even commercial setting, epoxy floor coatings are widely used. And they are typically applied over you fresh concreted floors in order to provide several benefits as well as performance upgrades. Epoxy coatings create a smooth, durable yet efficient flooring surface which can last quite a number of years. And they will even be able to withstand the heaviest loads that you could possibly think or having on your floor.
Due to this, several commercial sites, industrial sites and even warehouses are taking full advantage of epoxy floors. Epoxy floors are known as being the perfect floor for your workers, equipment, inventory and they are extremely easy to maintain and clean all while staying safe for everyone.
Epoxy Floors Orlando Coating Preparation
When it comes to applying your epoxy coating, you’re going to need to have not only a clean surface but also a slightly porous under surface. However, due to its properties, an epoxy coating may not fully bond to a perfectly polished floor or even one that is sealed. It’s best to also keep in mind that before you can apply an epoxy coating to your concrete floor, the concrete must be completely cured. And if for some reason your floors encountered any damages such as chips and cracks, they should be properly repaired; and if your floors are dirty with any greasy substances, it’s also best to clean them.
In the case where you concrete is properly seasoned and a tad bit old, you’re going to need to test its surface in order to make sure that various layers of products or even epoxy aren’t already present. In order to test for a sealant, you’ll need to pour some water on the surface and observe if it soaked in. If your floor was sealed, the water will take the form of a drop or even a small puddle on the surface. And as we’ve previously mentioned, if your floor was previously sealed, it wouldn’t be suitable for an epoxy application.
Epoxy Floor Coating Advantages
Epoxy floors create a series of advantages for its users. And they might even outlast various other types of floorings. The following are some advantages that can be achieved with an epoxy floor coat:
- Epoxy floors readily create a high glossed shiny surface that increases your rooms interior.
- An extremely hard yet durable surface is created and can withstand endless daily traffic without any wear occurring.
- Installation is not only quick but very easy and requires not much preparation and you also save a great deal on the cost because you don’t need any additional adhesive or specialised equipment and tools.
- Very easy to clean and maintain.
- Provides a resistive surface when interacting with water or even oil, hence staining does not occur.
- A perfect seamless surface is created and can last up to a whopping 30 years.
- Readily combines with a series of colours and paints to mask cracks and even chips.
- Fully resistant surface that works wonders for manufacturing plants since it is chemical resistant.
- Safety is increased since various anti-slip additives can be added.
- Patterns can be created to indicate special areas such as walkways or even drive ways.
- Concrete floorings are protected when epoxy coatings are applied to them.
- Not much maintenance is ever needed for your brand-new epoxy floors.
As we conclude we have just looked at the main things you need to know about epoxy floors Orlando. And we have also discussed several advantages of an epoxy coated flooring. So, if you’re interested in creating a beautiful floor that lasts a lifetime, this just might be the perfect choice for you!