Log cabins are relatively cheaper alternatives over building a brick house or renting an office. That’s why log cabins are very popular. However, it can be challenging to figure out the best company that offers the best value for money because of the wide range of options available today.
In this post, you’ll learn the important considerations when getting a log cabin for your garden. In that way, you can make a smart decision when choosing one that could greatly benefit your needs and suits your preferences.
Log Cabin Size
Log cabins can be developed into an additional space or an exterior living space of your home or as a shed and for other practical uses. However, many people have planning issues and fail to determine what size of the cabin is required for a specific purpose. This step is crucial because it influences the planning permission you need.
Log Cabin Company
You need one that is of high-quality, and a safe log cabin to use for many years that can withstand harsh weather conditions and other external elements. That’s why it’s crucial to choose a trusted and reputable supplier, like Lugarde, which can supply you with a detailed plan to present for obtaining planning permission. This factor is a crucial consideration when you’re planning to purchase a log cabin.
Here are some tips when choosing a log cabin company:
- Know the credentials, like licenses and permits, of the log cabin company. This step is done to ensure that you’re dealing with a legitimate and professional company.
- Consider the experience or number of years a log cabin company has been working. The experience of a company reflects the quality of service and client satisfaction, assuring you of positive outcomes.
- Make sure that you’re dealing with a company that only employs skilled craftsmen. You can ask for the company’s portfolio or visit past projects to see the final look of the work they do.
- Choose a company with a good reputation by reading client testimonials and reviews online, like social media posts, feedback on the company’s website, and review sites.
More than the savings you can get, you comply with environmental regulations and help protect nature when getting an energy-efficient log cabin. That’s why you need to focus on energy-efficiency and choose a model of a log cabin that uses advanced methods that promote energy-efficiency.
Modern log cabins utilize insulation, having thermal qualities and contemporary glazing to ensure energy-efficiency. Remember that properly built log cabins will last for many years and are energy-efficient. It only means that you won’t be required to invest in a cabin again in the long run, saving you time, money, and effort.
Quality of Materials Used
It’s also important to consider the quality of materials used for building a log cabin house. One thing you have to bear in mind is that the quality of timber has a direct impact on the durability and comfort that a log house brings. Hence, make sure that you ask what type and quality of timber were used, for your peace of mind and smart investment decision.
Choose slow grow conifer timber like spruce or pine. These types of timber have fewer knots and sap, making them more resistant against mold and rot, ultimately improving the structure’s longevity. Ask about the log length for a particular cabin you’re interested in. Choose a more solid log cabin structure with better insulation, stability, longevity, and moisture resistance.
Customized Log Cabin Options
If you want a unique log cabin, you might want to consider custom-made cabins. Choose from a wide array of roof covers aside from timber such as tiles, ceramic, steel, and shingles. You can check the properties in your neighborhood or through online sources to have an idea of the perfect customized log cabin for your garden.
While the price is an essential consideration when getting a log cabin, don’t go for the cheapest option because prices can be deceptive. Some companies may offer cheaper prices than others, but don’t provide a clear idea of the things included in the quoted price, such as value added tax or VAT and delivery.
Here are some tips when it comes to choosing a good value log cabin for your garden:
- Check similar designs or sizes of log cabins and compute the price per square meter. Some log cabin companies advertise smaller cabins at lower prices. However, the price per square meter computation as compared to larger cabins is pretty much the same, or more expensive.
- Choose a high-quality product by checking the doors, windows, and timber quality. There are suppliers offering log cabins made of basic timber.
- Choose a log cabin that is relatively simple to install that requires little to no woodwork or carpentry experience.
Now you’re set to buy the best log cabin for your garden. By considering the purpose, size, company or supplier, the quality, and the price, you can make a wise decision in choosing the best one for your needs and taste. By doing so, you’ll better enjoy the selection process, and you can use your garden log cabin for many years to come, whatever purpose it may serve you.