In today’s housing market, the prices are not as friendly as they were years back due to certain unfortunate circumstances that hit the world and its economy at large, but according to a survey conducted by Houzz, the average spent on a kitchen remodel in 2020 is this same in 2021 at $31,000. But with a well-prepared budget, you just might get the kitchen remodeling of your dreams for less, but first, what do kitchen remodelers charge?
The kitchen is the heart of the home. As much as you want to create a masterpiece and a more enjoyable place to live in, remodeling your kitchen can also increase the value of your house and a well-thought renovation or remodeling is undoubtedly an excellent decision for your home.
This pricing guide has been compiled to help break down the expected cost with all the needed information for kitchen remodeling. You could either get a basic kitchen remodel, a mid-range kitchen remodel, or a deluxe kitchen remodel, but this choice is widely dependent on your kitchen size and budget.
This article was put together by San Diego Kitchen Renovation Pros. If you’re in need of additional information about kitchen remodeling directly from kitchen remodelers, visit our site at https://sandiegokitchenrenovation.com/.
Steps to Consider for Your Kitchen Remodeling
Rushing into the process will not only cost you more, but you might also end up losing great value on appliances you could have had their value increased, and in the worst scenario, you could get yourself scammed off your money. Here are quick, accessible, and easy to understand steps to help with the remodeling process:
Create a Plan
What part of the kitchen do I want to stay or remove entirely? What appliances are my replacing and which remains? Are questions that can be included in your planning process. You should also get your family or partner involved in the planning process.
Planning definitely helps with the budget-making process; it also helps set goals for the remodeled result. A wish list is a great way to set up desired end results.
The Search for a Contractor Begins
An early search for a contractor is so you could get extra help in the budget-planning process. If you already have a contractor and you trust their ideas, work ethics, and they see your point of view, you can carry on with the planning process with them. But if you don’t, a quick website check, reviews check, and social media check on recommended contractors or interested contractors would save you from any fraudulent company.
Know the Recommended Budget
The National Kitchen and Bath Association (NKBA) created a recommendation to help with the value of a kitchen remodel that serves as good knowledge to homeowners to create an appropriate budget.
When creating a budget, you’re not only considering the amount of money you need for the remodeling; you must also believe that a home improvement project plays an essential role in your rate of return on investment.
How much does it then cost to remodel your kitchen? According to National Kitchen and Bath Association, the average price is between $7,190 to $23,240. But to know how much kitchen remodelers charge, your goal for your kitchen remodel is considered. It could either be a goal to update and refresh, a goal to remove or replace, or a goal to redesign and renovate.
A Goal to Update and Refresh – Basic Kitchen Remodel ($5,000-$25,000)
Kitchen remodels are very expensive, but you can have your dream kitchen without breaking the bank when you make simple changes and maintain the original structure of the kitchen. Here is a breakdown of specific simple changes and their cost breakdown that can be made without touching the actual design of the kitchen.
- Plumbing fixtures: updating the sink and faucet can be between $250 and $1500
- Replacement of the countertops: cost-smart countertop materials like granite, quartzite, or marble are advisable for use, and they cost between the range of $3,500-$5,500.
- Repaint the walls, trim, and ceiling: this could be a DIY project, but if you choose not to, it could cost between $350 and $1000.
- Refurbish the cabinets: change the hardware, repaint, or stain the already present cabinet and replace their doors; this could cost between $800 and $2000.
- Change the lighting: a primary lighting exchange with existing fixtures and under-cabinet task lighting would cost between $50 and $250. Socket and light switch plates can also be replaced for $5 to $25 per unit.
- Flooring: since the goal is to cut back on anything too expensive, refurbishing the existing wood floors or installing inexpensive laminate flooring is a better idea. Their prices range between $500 to $2,000.
A Goal to Remove and Replace – Mid-Range Kitchen Remodel ($25,000-$50,000)
This goal uses kitchen remodelers and designers a lot more than the homeowner figuring out what must go and what stays. It costs a lot more than updating and refreshing since it includes removing existing items and replacing them, but maintaining the kitchen’s basic structure is advisable to stay on a safer budget.
- Installing new cabinets can cost between $6,000 and $15,000
- Replace the countertops with quality materials like quartz or granite for $2,000 to $5,500.
- Repainting walls, ceiling, and trim prices range between $250 and $1,500.
- Lightings are very important, and a modern fixture is suitable for whatever design; their price ranges from $1,000 to $2,500.
- Change appliances to energy-efficient versions for $2,800 to $7,500.
- Worn-out sink, faucet, and fixtures should be replaced with modern versions like a drop-in, single-basin sink, gooseneck faucet, or a built-in soap dispenser; this will cost about $800 to $2,000.
A Goal to Redesign and Renovate – Deluxe Kitchen Remodel ($75,000-$100,000+)
Redesign and renovating the kitchen is commonly done when rebuilding a new place, maybe after a recent purchase and the homeowner decides to recreate the kitchen space. This type of remodeling is the deluxe kitchen remodel, and it can cost more than $100,000.
- Custom cabinets: A professional cabinet maker is hired to construct custom cabinets such as soft-close doors and drawers, cherry wood, and crown molding. It ranges between$20,000 to $30,000.
- Custom built-in appliances: Modernized appliances cost between $10,000 and $20,000.
- Upscale sink and faucet: Depending on your style and needs, you may choose a farmhouse sink, a
- Lighting for deluxe kitchen remodels costs between $3,750 and $10,000.
- Installing new flooring would cost between $3,500 and $5,000.
- Painting the wall, trim, and ceiling might cost between $300 and $1,200.
Call Our Kitchen Remodelers if You’re Ready to Get Started!
Like all other reconstructions, proper planning and research are as important as the renovation and if you want it done within your budget, remember planning is key. A kitchen remodel doesn’t just create the desired change you aimed for; it also increases the value of your home, as it is a wise investment.