Accidents may occur at any time, especially when you are driving a car. Due to this reason, you should always keep a few things in your automobile – just to be safe. We have provided a small list of the must-have belongings in a car down below to help you to have some fundamental ideas on this aspect.
Car Essentials – Maintenance Tools
There are many bad things that can happen while you are driving a car. However, the worst of them all is sitting beside the road all-day long for a sudden breakdown. So, if you want to keep your automobile up and running all the time, then make sure to keep these things under your car’s hood.
- Additional Tires and Tire Jack: This one is pretty obvious, isn’t it? Most commuters have, at least once in their lifetime, has faced the issues of a tire puncture. So, to prevent yourself from stopping abruptly in the middle of the street, you should always carry at least two spare tires with you. Besides that, you should also make sure to carry a tire jack as well. It is essential for changing your four-wheeler’s tires.
- Jumper Cables: Have your car batteries crossed the age limit of three years? Then, they can start malfunctioning almost at any time. So, how would you counter this issue? Well, the best way, in this case, would be to change the batteries, of course. However, if you are a little bit short of money, then you can also carry jumper cables with you. They can help you to ‘jump-start’ your car. So, with them, you will be able to be on your way quite soon.
- Tire Pressure Gauge: Checking the tire pressure of your four-wheeler on a daily basis is pretty essential. It can aid you in increasing your automobile’s fuel efficiency and promoting the longevity of the tires. Furthermore, it might also let you know about an imminent tire issue. So, make sure to keep them as close as possible and utilize them whenever you sense any balance issue.
- Car Manual: Well, yes, we know that it sounds a bit simpleton to keep the car manual handy. However, if you are a beginner and do not know much about the car parts, then it can surely be quite helpful for you. With it, you will be able to change the tires (assuming you have all the tools with you) and know about the whereabouts of your four-wheeler in a jiffy.
- Car Hoist: You should also have a residential garage lift so that you can fix up your car during these tough times. Covid-19 has literally impacted our lives. It would be better that you buy a car hoist so that you can fix up the basics in your car at home itself.
Car Essentials – Convenience
Yes, you have seen it right. Besides the maintenance tools, you should also keep a few other things to make your journey more comfortable and convenient. Here are a few of them.
- USB Charger: If you are otherwise a busy person, then it might get a little bit difficult for you to keep your phone fully charged all-the-time. Hence, in that case, keeping a USB charger nearby can come in handy for you. With it, you can keep recharging your phone even when you are on the go. It, in turn, will help you to always be available and keep in touch with the people you love the most.
- Fire Starter: During the wintery nights, your car’s battery can get cold and stop working almost immediately. So, what would you do in that case? You can always use a fire starter to keep yourself warmed up against the invasive chilly breeze. So, make sure to keep at least one packet of matches always with you. They will surely be able to keep you in the right shape until help arrives.
- Multi-Tools: There are several multi-tools out there that can help you to solve your regular car problems in a jiffy. Moreover, they may also be beneficial for you if you ever encounter any issues of carjacking. You can use them for your own protection against the goons. So, make sure to keep them in your automobile whenever you are going out.
Car Essentials – Survival
To survive through the hardships of the road, you would have to keep your survival kit ready as well. Here are a few things that you need to include in it.
- First-Aid Kit: As mentioned before, accidents can happen all the time, especially when you are driving on a busy road. No matter how watchful you are, you will surely encounter someone who drives carelessly. Hence, for those aspects, you would always have to be ready and keep a first-aid kit in your car. So, if you do get injured in any manner, you can always patch yourself up and be on your way again. However, besides the other essentials, make sure to keep as many q-tips and band-aids as possible in the kit.
- Flash Light: Well, your car has two headlights, so why’d you need a flashlight anyway? The answer to this question is quite simple. You will need it if your car suddenly breaks down in the middle of the street on a dark night. The headlights won’t be able to help you in that case. Moreover, if you do buy a durable flashlight, then you can also use it as a blunt weapon, like a mace. So, with it by your side, you would not have to worry about the issues of carjacking any more.
- Water Bottles: Now, it’s a no brainer, isn’t it? When you are going out somewhere far away from your resident in the summer season, you are bound to feel thirsty. So, if you do not keep at least one water bottle in your car, then you will get dehydrated. This, in turn, can lead to several dangerous and life-threatening health complications. Hence, you should always keep at least two to three small bottles of water in your car, especially if you are going on a long journey.
So, these are a few things that you should definitely keep in your car while going out. They can help you to survive out there on the road and make your journey pretty convenient as well.