Over the past year, I started using an essential oil diffuser in the room where I provide treatment. The aroma diffuser itself, which features an attractive color-changing design, creates a lightweight vapor that is infused with the aroma of the oil.
Read on to learn more about these diffusers.
Diffusers like these put a new spin on an ancient healing art form by using technology to enhance the effects of these oils. Along with being used for aromatherapy, they can be used to purify the air, increase humidity levels, ionize the surrounding environment, and create a relaxing mood. Instead of using heat to produce vapor, devices like these rely on ultrasonic vibrations. Vibrating as many as 2 million times each second, they disperse small molecules of the oil throughout the surrounding air. Aromatherapy diffusers are an excellent alternative to air fresheners or incense. All that you have to do is mix a few drops of your preferred essential oil with water to instantly add a beautiful aroma to your space.
When they operate, diffusers give off negatively-charged ions. These ions can put you in a better mood. The effect is similar to spending time near a waterfall, running water, or the ocean. There seems to be a correlation between exposure to negative ions and serotonin, which is a neurotransmitter that is responsible for controlling your mood. Dubbed the “happy hormone”, serotonin can not only give you more energy but can also help you fight stress more effectively. It even can relieve the symptoms of depression.
Lavender essential oil is one of the most popular options. This beautiful purple flower is renowned for its ability to help people relax and can be used to create a calm, peaceful environment. Along with lavender, there are many other aromas that have healing or restorative benefits.
Some of the other ways that essential oils can improve your health include the following:
- Better immunity. Antimicrobial oils like grapefruit, rosemary, thyme, sage, and tea tree oil can be powerful allies in your fight for better health.
- A better outlook on life. Oils like sandalwood, jasmine, sweet orange, and rose can enhance your mood and can give you more energy.
- Deeper sleep. Oils like clary sage, chamomile, and lavender promote better sleep, which is why many people choose to diffuse them into the air before bed.
- Improved respiration. Problems like inflamed airways or congestion can interfere with your ability to breathe. Essential oils like lemon, rosemary, eucalyptus, and peppermint can help open up the airways, making it easier to breathe as a result.
- Improved focus. Rosemary, frankincense, and basil can help you think more clearly and can make it easier to concentrate.
- Fewer headaches. If you suffer from headaches, try rosemary, lavender, peppermint, or clary sage oil to get relief.
- Fewer unwanted insects. Oils like citronella, lemongrass, and cedarwood naturally drive pests away.
Hopefully, this makes it clear just how many benefits essential oil diffusers have to offer. The aroma diffuser I use was purchased from Neal’s Yard Remedies. There are quite a few different models available on my site. You can either place an order directly or you can reach out to me for advice on which diffuser is right for your situation.