You’re trying to clean up your home, but you don’t have a lot of time to spend. Maybe you’re having guests in a short while, or you’ve been putting cleaning off for so long, and you’ve decided to just get it done with.
Cleaning can be a time-consuming task, as most people know. Most attempts to perform a fast-clean often result in a shabby job that will have you wondering if you really helped the situation or not.
We’ve put together a list of easy tips you can apply to get your home ready in a couple of hours.
- Get your tools in one place: First thing to do is get your instruments sorted out. Having your tools in one place means you won’t waste time looking for them when you’ve already started cleaning.
- Clean the whole house: While this may seem counterintuitive, it’s always best to set out to clean the entire house at once. Even if you only succeed in performing one activity, e.g., dusting, vacuuming, or mopping, make sure you do it for all the rooms in the house.
- Clear clutter: Most of the things making your home look untidy are simple clutter. Out of place, clothes and books can easily make your room look like a dumpster. Get them out of the way as soon as you start cleaning, and you’ll immediately see signs of improvement in how your home looks.
- Keep moving when you vacuum: As was mentioned earlier, the goal is to get your home clean quickly. You have to make sure to get every part of the house. There’s no need to check all the nooks and crannies when vacuuming. You can do it in one pass and get back to doing it thoroughly when you have more time.
- Mop and rinse immediately: The trick to getting your mopping and rinsing done quickly is to do them alternatively. Once you mopped a 4×4 foot area, make sure to rinse it with a slightly damp material. That way, you can clean and dry some areas while you’re working on other areas.
- Don’t forget the tubs, sinks, and toilets: It can be easy to overlook these parts of your house if you’re in a hurry. The stains, though, will definitely be difficult to overlook in the coming days. Luckily, cleaning them doesn’t take much time. Use your spray cleaner on the surface for a few minutes while you go about doing other activities. Return to scrub and wipe down the surfaces. For health reasons, you should clean the kitchen first, and the toilet last.
Although doing a fast-clean is never the best option, it’s sometimes the only one. With the tips in this article, you should be able to get the job done in an hour or two. If, however, you don’t want to do the cleaning yourself, you can always outsource it to professional janitors. Interested people in Las Vegas who need to get their homes or offices cleaned can check here: https://ableserve.com/services/janitorial-las-vegas/