How to Make a Portable Miter Saw Stand?
Miter saw is an essential tool when it comes to a workshop or even for any DIY projects. A miter saw stand is a mandate to work with ease with a portable miter saw. Typically aligned towards the left to the right of a miter saw, the level of this stand is absolutely in line with that of a miter saw.
A miter saw is a small tool which can be port from one place to another quickly, taking along the miter saw stand is not feasible. It leads to the requirement of a portable miter saw stand. Depending on the model of a compound miter saw, varied portable miter saw stands are available to choose from. Check out the best budget miter saw, if you are thinking to buy one.
Being a DIY enthusiast, If you wish to make a portable miter saw stand, here we go.
- 2x6x12-foot treated wood: 1 piece
- 2x4x8-foot treated wood: 5 pieces
- 2x6x8-foot treated wood: 2 pieces
- Melamine-covered particleboard: a 2×3-foot piece with a thickness of 3/4-inch
- 1-5/8-inch deck screws
- 2-1/2-inch deck screws
- 3-foot-long, 1/2-inch-diameter bolts with a nut, lock washer and two washers: 4 pieces
- Hand Saw
- Combination square
How to make a portable miter saw stand?
- Start with making the support structure beneath the table.
- Cut four pieces of wood with the dimension of 2×6 at 31 inches long, 0-1/4 inches for the ends along with two at 7-1/4 inches for centre supports.
- Take 2-1/2-inch deck screws to attach the one piece of butt to another
- Take the opposite side of the piece of one wood to connect with another side of the end piece
- After connecting all the four parts to form the corners, place the fifth piece at the middle
- Create another box structure with a similar way
- Position both the box structure parallel to each other
- Place a scrap piece acting a spacer of dimension 2X6
- Take one wooden melamine coated piece of dimension 24×36-inch piece of 3/4-inch-thick
- Attach the above over the box structures carefully using deck screw
- Now remove the spacer carefully
- As the saw table is complete, build leg assemblies for supporting the stand.
With a length of 40 inches 4 pieces care required with a dimension of 2X4
- To set the cutting surface 34 inches above the ground, you need to cut the length of legs at 32 inches.
- Align the top cuts of the two different sets of legs
- Clamp the pieces together by positioning a scrap of stock in between
- Take long deck screw to attach trapezoidal-shaped pieces of stock to the legs
- Attach the cross braces to the top and the bottom of the leg assemblies
- The stabilizing braces are attached at the distance of 10-12 inches from the bottom of the leg
- To provide considerable lateral support, a beam is required after the leg assembly
- Once the beam is ready, put up the stand together by sliding each leg to the assembly
- Fit the cross-braces of each leg assembly within each pair of beam notches.
- After connecting legs to the beam, flip it onto the legs.
- Check the beam pushing it hard; it should not wobble
- Position the saw table on to the beam and fit the box structures under its tabletop
- Place the miter saw in the position where the fence is parallel to the beam’s far side to mark the bolt hole location.
- Drill the holes by removing the saw and align the mitre saw carefully after that
- Your portable miter saw table is ready.