Are you looking to buy some new appliances for your kitchen? If yes, then you’re in the right place. Here are a few things you need to consider before getting new appliances for your kitchen.
1) Start with a plan
Now, before going on a kitchen appliance hunt, it is better to have a solid plan in place. In your plan, start by measuring the dimensions of your kitchen and how many appliances can fit in it. Next, decide on all the different types of appliances that you need for your kitchen. From stovetops and ovens to refrigerators, jot down all your desired appliances. These days most appliances come in counter-top and built in models so, depending on your kitchen design you will have to decide which of these models suit you best.
2) Define your budget
Once you have a plan in place, its time to decide on a budget. Budget is always a very important factor to consider before buying kitchen appliances. Once you have decided the amount of money you want to spend on your kitchen, you can look at features, sizes and accessories available for that budget. Deciding on a budget early on also makes it easier for you to shortlist by eliminating all the other options that do not fall in your budget range. However, if you want a branded or a high quality appliance, you must be willing to spend a significant amount of money.
3) Choose the functionalities you need
Another thing to consider before choosing kitchen appliances is your lifestyle. Your kitchen appliances should have all the functionalities required to cater to your lifestyle. For example, if you are a family that has frequent parties and guests coming over then, you might need barbeque grills, ice makers and maybe even large capacity ovens. On the other hand, if you live a more sustainable lifestyle, then you might want to choose high quality appliances that are environment friendly and save energy. If you are a busy family then you might need to choose stove tops with multiple burners or speedcooking ovens. So, depending upon your lifestyle, plan and choose all the functionalities that you might need in your appliances.
Last but not the least, you need to consider the aesthetics of your appliances. Products these days come with a variety of styles and finishes to compliment the over-all look and feel of your kitchen. So, if you are particular about aesthetics then you need to consider the finishes. If you want a luxurious feel to your kitchen, choose appliances with a stainless steel finishes. If you have the budget, you can also get some custom made styles and finishes from the manufacturers to suit your kitchen. These days appliances also come with beautiful knobs, handles, touchscreens and lightings to suit your style. You can check all these designs on most manufacturers’ websites even before going to the store.
Okay, now that you’ve planned out everything, here are a few things you need to consider for some specific appliances. If you want to read more, visit homeawesome.in where you will find detailed buying guide for these appliances.
- Refrigerators: A refrigerator is one of the most important and also one of the most expensive purchases that you will make for your kitchen. So, it is better to choose it carefully. As mentioned before, you need to consider your own lifestyle before choosing appliances and the same holds true for refrigerators as well. If you are a busy family that does not cook everyday, then you need a larger refrigerator to store all food for later use. If you have a large family, you might need multiple cabinets and drawers in your refrigerator. Additionally you can also consider getting refrigerators that have wine and beer storage, farm fresh basket, on-door controls and water dispenser.
- Dishwashers: Dishwashers are again meant for all the busy people out there. If you have a small family of 4-5 people then you can go for the lower-end, small capacity models. They don’t have a lot of controls but do the job well. If you particular about hygiene, then some dishwashers come with sterilizers. Additionally you also have noise control, heat control, self-dry options that you can choose from.
- Ovens: An oven is another important appliance that needs to be present in every modern kitchen. Now, before choosing an oven you need to consider your cooking patterns. Do you use stovetops a lot or do you like to cook most of your food in the oven. If it is the latter then, you might want to go for speedcooking, multi-purpose ovens that can serve you better. If you use ovens only to heat food then, a basic model would be enough.
- Stovetop: A stovetop is the number one thing you need for your kitchen. But, before buying it you need to consider a few things. There are two types of stove tops. Gas and electric. Depending on your preference you need to choose one of them. Most people these days opt for electric stove tops. Apart from this, you also need to consider the number of burners you need. A 3 burner will be good for a small family of 3-4 people. But, if you have a larger family then, you might need more burners.
Apart from these appliances. Modern day kitchens might also need chimneys, coffee makers, ice makers, wet grinders, toasters, grills and air-fryers. Depending on your lifestyle, needs and requirement you can plan and choose any of these.
So, here are a few things that you need to check before buying kitchen appliances. We hope this article will help you make an informed decision.