Your kitchen is one of the most critical areas of your home. Aside from being an area to cook and prepare meals, your kitchen also serves as a private space to catch up with your friends and family. This is one of the reasons why modern kitchens are equipped with seats and tables.
But if you’re tired of how your kitchen currently looks, consider installing Scandinavian kitchen cabinets. Unlike traditional or common cabinets, Scandinavian kitchen cabinets showcase colors, the warmth of food and beauty in different textures. These characteristics complement a modern kitchen and can work well if you’re trying to achieve a Scandinavian kitchen style at home.
Listed below are the great reasons why you should definitely install Scandinavian kitchen cabinets in your home:
1. Enjoy The Benefits Of Plywood
The materials you’re going to use for your kitchen cabinets can affect its appearance, longevity, and overall aesthetics of your kitchen. Over time, these materials can also contribute to the cleanliness of your kitchen and the health of your family.
Scandinavian kitchen cabinets usually use plywood. Using this material in your kitchen is a cost-effective investment as it provides countless benefits, such as:
- Unlike particle boards, plywood weighs less, which means that you can basically install Scandinavian kitchen cabinets in your walls and not worry about it falling off.
- Plywood is also less susceptible to water damage and can help you save money on repairs and replacements in the future. This is especially important if you’re planning to use these cabinets to dry wet glassware.
- Plywood is also resistant to dents and scratches and is very easy to stain. This will allow you to paint your Scandinavian kitchen cabinets in any color and ensure that this color looks new even after several years.
2. Long-Lasting Durability
Aside from plywood, you can also choose to use mahogany and other natural materials for your Scandinavian kitchen cabinets. These materials can last for years and can even extend for a few more years with proper care.
With this longevity, investing Scandinavian kitchen cabinets allows you to enjoy a fully-functional and appealing kitchen for the longest time possible. The lifespan of Scandinavian kitchen cabinets can also increase the value of your home and help you gain a higher return on investment once you choose to sell your home.
3. Floor To Ceiling Cabinetry
Most kitchens come with base and upper kitchens. Depending on the dimensions, these cabinets are often utilized for storing cooking equipment, dry ingredients, and silverware. These cabinets are always crucial in every kitchen because these improve the storage and cleanliness of the space. But can you imagine the benefits you can experience if these cabinets extended from your floor to your ceilings?
Floor-to-ceiling cabinets are one of the most common varieties of Scandinavian kitchen cabinets. Having these cabinets in your kitchen allows you to enjoy the following:
- Scandinavian kitchen cabinets provide a sleek and clean look for your space. Since these are installed to your kitchen walls, floor-to-ceiling cabinets can complement your kitchen’s current theme and make the entire space look more clean and polished.
- Unlike base and upper cabinets, Scandinavian kitchen cabinets are also very easy to clean as there’s no more open space that collects dust. Floor-to-ceiling Scandinavian kitchen cabinets don’t have any top surface where dirt and dust can stay and breed over time.
- Floor-to-ceiling Scandinavian kitchen cabinets are also more spacious. This size makes it easy for you to maintain the organization and avoid clutter in your kitchen. In fact, you can even have the divisions inside your cabinet customized. Do you want to store all of your kitchenware inside these cabinets? Go ahead and utilize multiple shelving inside. Do you want to keep all of your dry ingredients in your Scandinavian kitchen cabinets? Add drawers inside the cabinet.
4. Comes With Handle-Free Design
More often than not, you have to carry around several ingredients and cooking equipment at the same time. Multitasking is always practice when you’re in the kitchen, especially when you’re about to cook meals for the entire family.
Because your hands are already full (figuratively and literally) when you’re in the kitchen, a handle-free design can be a godsend – and this is exactly what you can experience when you have Scandinavian kitchen cabinets.
You can now install Scandinavian kitchen cabinets that come with touch-open mechanisms. Instead of pulling the handle of the cabinet, you will only need to push a Scandinavian kitchen cabinet and wait until it pops open. With this feature, you can open and close your cabinets regardless of how many items you’re currently carrying in your hands.
Take Your Time
Before installing Scandinavian kitchen cabinets in your kitchen, make sure that you have the appropriate budget for the project. If there is no urgency to install these cabinets, scout for several cabinet suppliers and contractors who can install them in your home. Assess the quality of the products and services offered so you’ll end up with affordable and high-quality Scandinavian kitchen cabinets.