Using solar energy is currently a popular trend in residential, commercial, and industrial settings. Despite using power to light up and use appliances at home, you can still reduce your carbon footprint. Solar energy is free and continuously available to us.
What is Solar Energy?
Solar energy is sourced from the sun’s radiation. It is converted to electricity or heat using modern technology, like solar panels. It is the most abundant and renewable energy source. Using solar energy is becoming an essential part of promoting a cleaner energy future.
Harnessing Solar Energy
There are different modern ways to use free energy from the sun. It is crucial to understand these various methods to appreciate how this process works fully. Two main approaches are ‘photovoltaics and ‘solar thermal capture.’
- Photovoltaics (PV). It is the most common way for property owners to use solar energy and save money on electricity usage. The process is similar to small-scale electricity projects like residential solar panels. The PV system will convert the sunlight into electricity you can utilize right away through the photovoltaic effect.
- Solar Thermal Capture. The other way to use solar power is through solar thermal energy. It is used for electricity production on bigger scales. ‘Low-temperature’ for heating and cooling, ‘the mid-temperature for water heating, and the ‘high temperature’ for electrical power generation, are the three types of solar thermal capture.
Advantage of Using Solar Energy
Solar is currently the fastest-growing and most cost-effective source of power. Many households are now using this instead of getting it from utility sources. Using solar energy even at home has plenty of advantages.
- Environmental Impact. Solar energy is known to have the least damaging effect on the environment. It does not pollute the water, nor does it produce greenhouse gases.
- Reduce Electric Bill. With solar energy, homeowners generate their electricity. It means that you use less from the utility supplier, thus, reducing your monthly energy bills.
- Applicable Everywhere. As long as the sun is there and it shines brightly, anybody can use solar energy no matter where they are from. That is why solar energy is most helpful in remote regions without easy access to electricity sources.
- Helps Boosts Economy. It might seem like an unlikely advantage, but using solar energy helps boost the economy and positively impacts the community. When more homeowners use solar energy, the industry will need more people to install the panels.
Solar energy has been proven time and again how useful it is. So get in touch with SolarFuture today and find out your options. There is no doubt that as one of the most trusted solar energy solution providers in Hong Kong, the company can find the best deal for you.